3-Leaf Fall Birthday Card
Cut three leaves from different fall-colored papers and create a card with fall sentiments for a friend's birthday.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- provided pattern of the fall leaf
- 8.2 x 5.6 in bright yellow cardstock
- 5.2 x 3.5 in light yellow sugar paper
- dark yellow sugar paper
- orange sugar paper
- scrapbook paper with fall colors
- matching ribbon ~ for this project, orange ribbon with white polka dots was used
- pale gold acrylic paint
- fine paintbrush
- small yellow-colored flat-sided rhinestone beads
- craft glue
- Score the 8.2" x 5.6" yellow cardstock length-wise to create a card sized 5.6" x 4.1".
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the 5.2" x 3.5" light yellow sugar paper to the front of the card.
- Use the ribbon to make a frame around the card.
- Trace and cut three leaves - one from the dark yellow sugar paper, one from the orange sugar paper, and one from the fall scrapbook paper.
- Glue the three leaves in place - first the yellow leaf, then the orange leaf and lastly the leave cut from the fall scrapbook paper.
- Use the gold paint to create a golden edge all around the card.
- Add the finishing touches by gluing the rhinestones in place to create veins for the leaf cut from the fall scrapbook paper.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide