How to Make a 3D Flower Mother's Day Card
Spiral paper flowers in your choice of colors decorate this pretty handmade card. This is a guide about how to make 3D flower Mother's Day card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Mother's Day is coming up! My mother always insists for us not to get flowers because they're overpriced for the holiday and because the flowers do not last long. So instead for this year's handmade card, I made 3D flowers that will last forever! The flowers are very simple and easy to make. You can make a ton of projects with the flowers themselves. They can be used for cards, decorations, photo booths, backdrops, etc.
Total Time: 1.5 hours
- construction paper
- circle shaped items
- hot glue gun or any glue
- You will need a couple sheets of construction paper. The paper colors I used are different shades of purple. I traced different circle shapes from a cookie tin lid, tape roll, and a medication bottle with a pen.
- After tracing, cut the circles out. The fun part about this project is that your cutting skills don't have to be perfect. The flowers will turn out nicely even if you do not cut in a circle!
- Once you cut out your circle - you will need to cut a swirl. I drew an example so you can get an idea, but in the future you can just freehand the swirl. They do not have to be perfect.
- Start from where the pen is shown. You want to keep rolling all around the swirl until you form a rose/bud flower shape. Now repeat the process until you have enough flowers!
- Optional: You can glue your flowers immediately after each flower is completed or wait to glue after they are all made. I waited to the end. I used hot glue, but other glues may work better.
- For the base of my Mother's Day card, I went with a sturdy white construction paper.
- I hot glued the flowers down onto the card.
- It is ultimately up to you on how you want the card to be! You could cover the card half way with flowers, or the entire card! My preference was to cover the entire card. It can be styled as a horizontal card or vertical one. Inside you can write your meaningful message!
May 8, 20170 found this helpful
May 12, 20170 found this helpful
In This Guide