3D Merry Father Christmas Card
Use glitter and fluffed felt to add a 3D effect to a stamped image of Father Christmas. Add a patchwork design and Christmas-themed belt ribbon to make a card that will bring a merry message to the recipient.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- 9.6 x 4.7 in light red marbled cardstock
- 12 x 12 in Glitter Paper Christmas Stripes (product code #MC005) from www.upikit.com
- 12 x 12 in Jillian Apple Green scrapbook paper (product code GX-1470-28) from www.coredinations.com
- A4-sheet of ordinary white printer paper
- 0.4 in wide green and red striped belt ribbon
- golden twine
- Father Christmas stamp
- black pigment stamp pad
- 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- flesh colored acrylic paint
- black and red felt-tip pens
- white felt
- thin paintbrush
- pair of standard scissors
- quick drying glue
- Score the 9.6" x 4.7" light red marbled cardstock in half to create a card sized 4.7" x 4.7".
- Cut four 2.2" squares from the Glitter Paper Christmas Stripes.
- With the fold at the top, centre and glue the four squares to the front of the card, alternating the designs to create a patchwork.
- Use the black felt-tip pen to draw stitches onto the patchwork design
- "Frame" the patchwork design with the belt ribbon, using small drops of glue to keep the ribbon in place. Neatly cut off any protruding edges.
- Apply ink to the stamp and transfer the image onto the white printer paper. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Add glue to the hat of Father Christmas. Cover it with red glitter while the glue is still wet and shake off any excess glitter.
- Cut a strip from the white felt to add around the hat, and cut a small circle from the felt for the hat's pom-pom.
- Add a little flesh colored paint to the face of Father Christmas, and use the red felt-tip pen to add color to his cheeks and lip.
- Fluff small pieces of white felt and glue onto the beard and moustache.
- Cut a 2" square from the Jillian Apple Green scrapbook paper and use the 3D self-adhesive foam squares to affix it to the front of the card.
- Cut out the Father Christmas image and glue across the apple green scrapbook square.
- Make a small bow with the golden twine and glue the bow below the Father Christmas image.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!