A Christmas Cake for Jesus

Our Christmas tradition is on Christmas morning after we eat breakfast we would have a birthday cake for Jesus and my family would sing happy birthday to Jesus. We would also have a candle to blow out. This tradition helps my daughter to realize that Jesus was born on Christmas and that's the true reason why we celebrate Christmas.

Sandy

Answers:

A Christmas Cake for Jesus

My mom bakes a birthday cake for Jesus, too. I thought we were the only family that did this! How neat! :) (12/10/2006)

By Erin

A Christmas Cake for Jesus

God bless you all for not getting lost in all the commercial distractions from the true reason for Christmas. Anything you do to the glory of Jesus is just wonderful.

Last year, I did an about face from all the traditional non-Jesus related things and dressed up my hall table with a Crystal Cross, simple candles, the treasured Word of God, and a few very special reminders of just who He is and what He did for all of mankind. At 6am I arose, since it was the first Christmas I was alone, lit the several candles, bowed my knees, heart and head, prayed, talked and honored my Lord and Savior by singing songs that praise Him, bring glory to His name, and hoped it would be a sweet sound to His ears.

I believe that He hears every note, sour or perfect, reads the intentions of every heart, knows exactly what we think, and there is no doubt that since I invited Him into my heart in 1986, He has been living there, by His Holy Spirit, just as He promised every sincere believer that He would do for them, too.

This is the meaning of all Christmases to me, the best Gift God could give mankind, that lasts a lifetime and into Eternity. It's my desire to celebrate Him as the ONLY "tradition", yet I do this every day of the year in my heart. He's not just a one time a year thought for me and my family, but a lifestyle to follow. How could I ask for anything more? Rich or poor, no one can ever take Him from me, my memory of all He has done for us, and how important it is to know Him.

(12/10/2006)

By Lynda

A Christmas Cake for Jesus

Great idea! We'll be making a cake this Christmas for Jesus. The children should really enjoy it, and it will really make it more understandable in a tangible way for them. Thanks! (12/13/2006)

By Alexandra

A Christmas Cake for Jesus

I am going to start doing this also. Wish I would have started 19 years ago with my oldest boys first Christmas. Even though the kids know what Christmas is really all about. It is never to late to start something good though, right? (09/27/2007)

By valbush

Decorated Christmas Tree
Family Christmas Traditions
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Epiphany Bread
Celebrating Epiphany
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
🎄