A Moonflower Vine Is Born

Photo Description
Man, this ain't easy. It feels like there's a mountain on my shoulder. There is a mountain on my shoulder!

I think I can. I think I can.

And yes!

Hello World! Hey, wanna know something, Y'all? I can move a mountain. No really. I just did! Stop laffin' Y'all. Got what on my face?

Soo Cool! What a great world we live in and we get to share it with new born plants..

Betty

Reply Like this photo? 1

Thanks I planted mine in peat pot's and am glad to see some of them look like your's even tho some may be planted upside down. I am hoping to have some beautiful moon flower's.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I'm sure you will have beautiful flowers. Oh! you can plant bulbs, corms, rhizomes and the like, upside down. You can't plant a seed upside down. However it lands when you throw it in the pot is OK.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

People have misunderstood me all my life and still do to this day. The way I replied to your comment is a good example of how this could happen. Let me rephrase that reply.

Bulbs, corms, rhizomes, tubers and the like, have a top side and a bottom side. You could plant them upside down, but you wouldn't want to. A lot of them would survive and a lot of them would not.

A seed, whether round, flat, or whatever, does not have a top or bottom. So, you can't plant them upside down. They have different ends which perform different functions, but it doesn't matter which way they are turned.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Love it!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

You will have to show us how you make those pots

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks, Shirley

I did a post on making these pots. It was one of my first posts. I did not go into detail and there were no pictures showing the actual construction, (I believe it won a contest). If Jess and the crew wouldn't consider a new post with details and pictures of the steps to be a duplicate, I would be glad to show you how I make the pots.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Doug, we can update the old post or make a brand new one. Whichever way you would like. :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes