Absorbing and Removing Dog Urine in the Carpet

I have a dog about 8 months old, he seems to have picked up a habit of peeing in the hallway. It doesn't matter what I do or use in there he always goes back to the same places. Arm and Hammer used to make a powder that you put on wet or dry places and it actually absorbed the liquid and when it dried you would vacuum and all was gone. Does anyone make a similar product?

By Loretta B.

If you have a carpeted hallway with padding, the pee has seeped deeper and the odor is still there, that's why your dog continues to use the same places. To remove the lingering odor you will need a professional cleaner to get down deeper to the problem area (the padding) and will probably need to have it done more than once to get rid of the urine.

Get a black light and use over the area where your dog is urinating. You can see the intensity of urine how much is remaining even after you've done your best to clean it.

OR put doggie bands on the dog. I bought an older cocker spaniel female who was used as a breeder and she's lost some bladder control, so I bought her several pairs of doggie panties and she's doing great in the house. You put a pad in the panties to absorb the liquid and replace as needed. If you're good at the sewing machine, you could make the dog some for a lot less and for a male dog, it's much easier to make than the panties. Just remember to remove them before taking the dog outdoors for potty breaks. I kept forgetting to do that when she first began wearing them.

I use SPOT-SHOT aerosol. I have totally white carpet throughout my home and have used this for several years. Follow simple directions on the can & it will remove it all !! No odor, no stain & no return to the same spot by your pet. You can get it at WalMart cheaper than anywhere else I have found. I have even used it to get spots off clothes when nothing else would work. Before I lost my dog, she was having bladder & kidney problems which had traces of blood in the urine..it even removed all of that!

Sad looking puppy on carpet
Cleaning Dog Urine Stains from Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetJune 10, 2011
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout