Add Aspirin To Your Laundry To Prevent Underarm Stains

I don't remember where I got this tidbit from but it seems to work. If you put an aspirin in the washing machine with the laundry, it helps with underarm stains. It will not remove old stains but will help keep new ones from showing. Living in Florida and being on the football team, my son sweats a lot and even his BLACK tee shirts would get a white stain that I couldn't remove. (I know it wasn't the shirt because it happened to ALL of his shirts). Just put the aspirin in the machine with the wash, no crushing necessary. So far I see no stains on the new shirts! (And I bought the cheap aspirin!).

By Brenda from Deltona, FL

Answers:

Is it just 1 aspirin? Wonder what it is in it that keeps the stains away?? (09/15/2008)

By TerryRawlinson

I guess I have a hard time accepting that just 1, tiny little aspirin in a whole washing machine tub full of water could make any appreciable amount of difference. Maybe using several of them a small handwash tub as a soak .... (09/23/2008)

By qtpuh2tme

Use cream of tartar and aspirin: This may seem a bizarre combination but it has been known to work wonders. Make a paste with one tablespoon of cream of tartar three crushed full-strength aspirins (they should be white and have no colored coating) and a cup of warm water and scrub in the stained region with an old toothbrush. Leave it that way for about 20-30 minutes. Rinse the affected area in warm water until the paste is completely removed. You can repeat this treatment-and-rinse cycle as many times as necessary but in our experience a maximum of thrice is enough. (04/28/2009)

By ddpmkrupa

An aspirin bottle on it's size with aspirin pills spilling out of it.
Using Aspirin for Sweat Stains
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Laundry Line
Cleaning a Laundry Line
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
🎉
🎄