Healthy EatingFood Tips

Adding Extra Nutrition to Your Food

Vote for this contest contender!

To increase the amount of vitamins in my diet, I like to enhance my meals with a variety of nutrition boosters! Anything to make one's food 'super!' Here's a few things I like to use:

• I add black chia seeds in a lot of foods like scrambled eggs, soups, in sauces and on my stir-frys.

• Sunflower and pumpkin seeds are added to my curries, eggs and on top of my vegetables.

• In wet food I like to add Vitamin B12 yeast flakes.

• I add walnuts and cashew nuts and sometimes brazil nuts.

• I love to toast a packet of sesame seeds and keep them in a jar. I sprinkle these on a lot of my foods for the taste and for the added calcium and iron.

• Sesame seeds are lovely on toast or in sandwiches or on top of toasted sandwiches!

• Garlic, of course, has potent medicinal benefits. I like to add Turmeric to a lot of foods which is both anti-inflammatory and a powerful antioxidant.
    Slices of lemon in my green tea makes it a zingy drink bursting with vitamin C.

• Or add some ginger, either fresh or powdered.

• In my decaf coffee, I like to add half a teaspoon of cocoa for the beneficial flavonoids and it's tasty too.
There are so many more foods to increase your vitamin intake, just choose the ones you like and include them in you diet. I like to call it 'Pimping my Food!'

Monique :)