Adding Padding to Walker Grips

Putting some padding on the grips of a walker can help to make using it more comfortable. This is a guide about adding padding to walker grips.

Walker Grips

Tip: Padding for Walker Hand Grips

I am temporarily having to use a walker and wanted to cushion the hand grips. I took a couple strips of foam tubing used to wrap pipes and covered them with socks that have the rubber/vinyl grips on the bottom. I wrapped the hand rest of my walker with them and tightened plastic pull ties on each end for security. They work great as cushions. When the socks get dirty, I cut the plastic strips and put on a clean pair of socks! (I tried using the foam tubing without the socks but it rubbed off on my hands turning them black).

Source: The source is my own idea because my hands were getting sore from the weight I am having to put on the walker.

By Linda from Arlington, Texas

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 15, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Carpet
Uses for Carpet Padding
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Adding Raw Food To Your Diet
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri, Dried Flowers in Container
Adding Scent to Old Potpourri
Vinyl Chair
Drying Padding Inside Vinyl Covered Chairs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:33:05 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings