Adjusting Computer Monitor Display Settings

Please help me with my computer problem. My computer screen is bigger than I expected. I can't correctly adjust the display settings. I adjust it into small resolution, but still the screen is too large. Does anyone have help on how can I fix it?

By Ivy15 from Philippines

Answers:

Ask your computer the question. I use Yahoo or get books from library. I got the ones that are for "Dummies" it has lot of good info in them, good luck. (12/18/2009)

By kffrmw88

You should be able to hold down the control (Ctrl) button and use the wheel on your mouse to zoom in or out on screen. Hope that works and good luck (12/20/2009)

By Ladylynnk

Sounds to me as if you have to adjust the resolution. You have to get in to Display by whichever means the operation system you use uses to get there. Usually it begins by right clicking the desktop, then Display or Screen resolution if using Win7. The recommended resolution for your monitor will be stated.

The text can be adjusted by using the page icon in Explorer 7 or 8. I am not sure if the other Explorer versions have that or not. You can also use zoom then to make you text larger or smaller.

The higher number screen resolutions give smaller screens, ie. everything smaller and more will fit on the page. Smaller numbers give bigger screens. The resolution for a 19 inch monitor ideally is set to 1490 x 900. I could give you clearer directions if I knew the operating system you use or the size of your monitor. Many things you can do to adjust your desktop besides the ones I mention, but these are a start. (12/20/2009)

By lavonneann

If adjusting the monitor resolution doesn't help, perhaps you need to adjust the monitor, itself. I don't know about all of the new, flat-screen monitors, but most monitors (especially the older CRT ones) have buttons on them, which you can use to change the height, width, etc., of your display. One button will be a menu, that tells you which buttons to use to change a variety of settings. I hope this info helps. (12/21/2009)

By WildIrish

cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
Computer Monitor
Adjusting the Resolution on a Computer Monitor
woman's hand cleaning a monitor
Safe Homemade Computer Screen Cleaner
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 18, 2016 at 11:03:47 AM on 10.0.1.90 in 875 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.