Adjusting Picture Ratio on TV Screen

When your TV picture does not show the whole video feed, there is probably a way to adjust the display to correct the problem. This is a guide about adjusting picture ratio on TV screen.

January 1, 2015 Flag

How do I change the height display on a TV screen?

By Woody

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What brand and model TV do you have?

January 10, 2011 Flag

I have a flat screen TV that is about 5 yrs old and it will not show the info that is at the bottom of the screen anymore. For example, when I am watching the football game I can barely see the score which is listed at the bottom of the screen. Anything at the bottom will not show anymore such as school closings or weather conditions. Other than that it plays great. A TV repairman told me that a flat screen TV's life span is only about 4-6 yrs. The warranty has expired. Do you have any suggestions?

By Onesummer

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

On my remote I have button that says Format. I click on format and the allows me 3 changes of screen size. This may be of some help.

My remote has a zoom button and it will make my flat screen bigger where I can not read the bottom scores or what ever is displayed. Hit the zoom button again and it changes again. Worth a try!

Besides the remote that came with the TV, my cable box has a remote with a "Settings" button and there I can change the size of the picture.

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Large) TVJanuary 29, 2015
Gold picture frame.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:30:07 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.