Advice For Dyeing Shoes

I have a pair of shoes that I would like to dye. I attempted to use a liquid dye, but the color was repelled by the composition of the outside of the shoe and the dye did not penetrate the shoe. I'm not exactly sure of the composition, but I think it may be an acrylic like material. Can anyone suggest a remedy? Thank you.

joesgirl from Beverly, MA

Answers:

Advice For Dyeing Shoes

Have you thought of painting them? Use acrylic paints (small bottles from craft store) mixed with textile medium (also from craft store). Good luck. I've done this successfully with leather shoes. I did not heat set, but I suppose I could have (try a blowdryer if you are not comfortable putting in oven).
(08/31/2009)

By sarkm

Advice For Dyeing Shoes
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Pink wedding shoes.
Dyeing Wedding Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Dyeing Leather Shoes
Dyeing Leather Shoes
🎄