Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

I have very dry hard cuticles. I have spent so much money on lotions etc. to make them soft, no luck. Even saw the Dr. Has anyone got any suggestions? I will appreciate any help. Thanks

Donna from Victoria B.C.

Answers:

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

This might sound really nuts, but you might want to give this a try. During the winter months, sometimes my hands get so chapped that the skin on my hands start cracking. Oh! do they become sore.

What I do is I rub Vaseline all over my hands, then wear a pair of gloves at night when I go to bed. This way the Vaseline won't stain my blankets and sheets.

You might want to rub Vaseline on your cuticles and this might rid you of the dry hard cuticles. But be sure to wear a pair of gloves.

Marge from NY (10/01/2007)

By MCW

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

Thanks for the advice to use Vaseline for hard cuticles, it doesn't work for me. I also asked at drugstore about A and D ointment, but she said they don't have it anymore. Said to try compound" drugstores. They can make it up for you. I will give that a try.

Donna Victoria .B.C. (10/01/2007)

By preppy56

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

Hi, I was a manicurist for a few years in FL and the women from up north told me to get Bag Balm sold in feed stores. They had been using it for years and it works to soften the skin. (10/01/2007)

By Denise w

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

I use Blistex or Carmex (for lips) and after putting it on my lips, I rub it into my cuticles. Because I use it several times a day, my cuticles get it, too. Works for me. Probably any kind of chapstick or lip gloss would work.
(10/01/2007)

By Susan from ThriftyFun

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

2 suggestions...

Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle cream. it's a little expensive, but it last forever and a little goes a long way.

Corona Hoof cream, sold at horse places. It's full of lanolin and great not only on your hands, but feet (10/01/2007)

By Tigger1971

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

Use the liquid vitamin E capsules, just prick them with a pin and let the liquid soak in to your cuticles. Also try buying sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, etc.These various oils are wonderful for dry hands, elbows, feet and legs! Good luck, hope this helps. -kim (10/02/2007)

By pabk

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

Try anhydrous lanolin from the chemist (I'm in Australia). Also called woolfat. It's not expensive and although the smell is not great it should help.

Apparently woolfat is very close to the sebum produced by human skin. As suggested in previous posts - when wearing at night put some cotton gloves on. When doing household chores also put some on with cotton gloves and rubber ones if required. This really should work.

Ps. I have been using woolfat for 20 years as an ingredient in moisturisers and creams. (10/02/2007)

By maree

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

Try warming some cooking oil and soak your nails for 5-10 minutes. Not too hot, you don't want to cook them.:) (10/02/2007)

By msettamae2

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

The best thing I've found for cuticles and extremely dry hands is just before bed to put Vicks or Mentholatum on my hands and rub it in well, put on a pair of gloves, nylon holds the body heat in better. The next morning wash hands well with warm water and a MILD soap then use a good lotion. Works wonders! (10/03/2007)

By SalTCBug

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

Hi Donna. Pure lanolin (from the drugstore) should work well as it does for me. In addition, every time you wash your hands, gently push your cuticles back with a towel. Eventually, your problem should disappear. (10/03/2007)

By sheilamay

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

Many thanks to Susan, editor of ThriftyFun.com, who gave me advice to use Carmex or any lip balm. It works! I am starting to see improvement after 3 days. My nails seem to be growing better too.

Donna from Victoria B.C. (10/03/2007)

By preppy56

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

First of all, you need to get rid of the existing hard cell clumps on the sides by sanding them down (I read this somewhere) and then take good care of what's left. (10/04/2007)

By cookwie

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

Well, what I do is put Vicks on them! But I read something about how olive oil or any natural oils like coconut oil, rosemary oil, jojoba oil, etc. works so good! (10/04/2007)

By SustaindbyJesus

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

All you need is some cuticle oil, or vitamin E oil. That's all. (10/07/2007)

By Trisha

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

Use creative cuticle eraser. It really works! Don't cut your cuticles. They will become harder. (10/12/2008)

By

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

I thank all of you for your time and feed back. I may try all of what you said might work. One at a
time of course! Thanks again. (11/13/2008)

By Carolynn C.A

Advice For Hard Dry Cuticles

Exfoliate them gently with a mixture of olive oil or any oil and just enough sugar to make a gentle abrasion. I did this just a few times and it was nothing short of a miracle. I didn't even need any cream after although you surely could. (02/11/2009)

By Judy

Remedies for Dry Cuticles
Remedies for Dry Cuticles
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline
Homemade Cuticle Softeners
Homemade Cuticle Softeners
🎄