Advice On Painting Kitchen With Green Countertops & White Cabinets

I currently have white kitchen cabinets with hunter green countertops. My kitchen walls are all white. I would like to paint the walls, but I don't know what color to paint them. I like warm colors. The kitchen is open to my family room which is painted a warm golden color. What color walls would go with my cabinets and countertops?

Diana from Martinsburg, WV

Answers:

Maybe a medium taupe color? (08/14/2007)

By Roger

How about sage green? (08/14/2007)

By Marta

How about peach or apricot? (08/14/2007)

By perfumed fan

By joan

I vote for the sage, but it would have to be just the right one to go with the dark green countertops. I would say a light to med. sage would be good. (08/16/2007)

Before I say a word, I love hunter green!
I went to a meeting at a home where the homeowner had painted stripes on her kitchen walls using the little 3 or 4 inch foam rollers. The base coat was white and she used bright blue stripes. It really made that all white kitchen look friendly and bright.
I'm thinking a shade of green as close as possible to the shade of the counters would be nice for stripes. Another thing you might consider is to leave the walls white and go for a wallpaper border with shades of green. My daughter in law did an ivy leaf border which she folded lengthwise and put half on the ceiling and half on the wall. Looked very interesting. (08/16/2007)

By MartyD

Hunter green is a very strong accent. Pick it up in other sections of your room (curtains, cabinet hardware, wall decor). In nature, green is paired very nicely with brown/beige hues - of course, brown would be too dark, but you could consider an almond tone. Avoid painting the walls a strong color, such as yellow or red, as there would then be too many strong colors. There is a formula for walls (any decorator magazine would have the formula) for percentage of strong color within a room. Another observation: Your eyes will be drawn to the darker countertops in a white room. Draw your gaze around the room using color accents and then keep the white. Use an off-white. Or not. I can't envision all the details of light and spaces in your kitchen, so these are only generalizations. I also have white cabinets and it is very hard to keep them clean. (08/16/2007)

By mary

I would advise leaving what's white as white, then using lots of color on any easily-changed item. It hurts resale value especially in the kitchen to use other colors. I know you're not planning to move, but resale value is always worth keeping. Bright table cloths, curtains, triangles of fabric hanging diamond-shape from cabinet tops, florals over the cabinets, many things can be done to brighten up the kitchen in a big way. I'm thinking tropicals like oranges and yellows - the hunter green is dark and needs a powerful shot of hot colors. (08/16/2007)

By kimhis

How about the same hunter green, in a much paler shade with soft pink accents? Maybe a border or some rub-ons? (08/16/2007)

By U*u*U

How about yellow? (Think sunflowers.) (08/17/2007)

By Maryeileen

I have a hunter green counter in my bathroom. We painted the walls the lightest color of mint green we could find. It looks awesome. (08/19/2007)

By handicapped91

I too have hunter green countertops and white cabinets - I painted my kitchen (and dining room, it's all one big room) a dark red (almost burgandy). It is gorgeous. I get lots of complements on it. It makes a very rich looking room. It would go great with the golden color of your family room. (08/22/2007)

By Elizabeth

I have the same color scheme and painted the walls what is called "adobe" - it makes the white pop and goes nicely with the black and white 12" tiles. (09/03/2007)

By susan

RE: Advice On Painting Kitchen With Green Countertops & White Cabinets

Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Green Countertops
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 8:46:07 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 939 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.