Advice On Painting Kitchen With Green Countertops

I want to paint my kitchen walls, but do not know which color(s) to use. My counter tops are green and my floors have green Formica on them. Any suggestions on the wall color?

Katrina from Chesapeake, VA

Answers:

I think one problem you have is that you probably don't want anything too dark on your walls but if you go too neutral it could make the white look grubby.

What about a very pale lemon? It's nice and warm and not too overpowering. Someone earlier said think of sunflowers - think of daisies instead! (01/24/2008)

By wendy

My kitchen has green counter tops, light wood cabinets, tan and green flooring, white appliances, high gloss trim and doors. The color I picked for the walls, after years of a taupe brown, is "Dorset Gold" (HC-8)by Benjamin Moore Eggshell Enamel. It is latex, commercial grade. One gallon 274 - 3B mixed - YW 3x 9.00 RX Ox 9.00 GY 1x 23.00 WH 5x 14.00. It is beautiful. I have seen this same color used in bedrooms, restaurants, show homes. I use red and black accessories. (01/27/2008)

By Carol

My counter tops are hunter green, and so it my carpet. I papered the walls in the same green, only it has tiny white flowers in it. All of my accessories are white and the contrast is beautiful. I have white vases and pitchers on top of my cupboards. I use white paper towel holders, cake plate, lamps, candles, etc. Everything that sits out on counter tops is white. I get many compliments. Also white stuff is easy to find. (01/27/2008)

By Ruth

I have used a daffodil or corn silk yellow with hunter green and it looks awesome. Small items with white or cornflower blue look outstanding with it also. They are really just pale yellows, makes your kitchen warm, inviting and easy on the eye. Periwinkle blue is a good accent color with this also. Yellows are expansive, light and airy and you won't tire of it quickly. Make sure you buy a paint that can stand up to kitchen tortures like grease, steam, etc. Make it durable so that you can wipe it off with a cloth, warm soap and water, or spray cleaners to keep it looking perky. Good luck! (01/27/2008)

By tupelohoney17

Yellow....think sunflowers. (01/27/2008)

By Maryeileen

I like shades of peach and terra cotta. (01/28/2008)

By Lynn Beth