Advice for Arranging a Room

I need help with a family room that is 13 x 20. The one long wall has a built in bookcase, fireplace and door. The wall opposite of this is a 6' double hung window and a set of french doors (that lead to a sun room) on either end of the wall. On the 2 shorter walls, one has a door entering to the kitchen and the wall opposite of this has a built in bar and closet. There is a 37" flat screen TV in the room. There is currently a sofa, love seat, recliner, coffee table, and end table in the room. Can anyone please help me arrange this room? Thank you.

By Nancy from Durham, NC

Answers:

Advice for Arranging a Room

I'm not good at "seeing" things unless I can see them so. I would do like my very detail oriented husband does with everything. Draw a room to scale on graph paper, mark windows, doors, bookcases, and fireplace, cut out your furniture pieces to scale and move them around on the paper until it all fits and looks good. This is easier than moving furniture! (03/15/2010)

By Glenn'sMom

Advice for Arranging a Room

I used to do that, only I didn't use the graph paper, I just measured out the sizes of the items in the room. I used 1/4 inch on a ruler for each foot of the items. Then when I was done using it, I would paper clip the items together and put them in a folder for the next time. (03/15/2010)

By redhatterb

Advice for Arranging a Room

I think it's on Divine Design that the host will give a quick idea for a question such as yours. Why don't you cut and paste your query to us to their site on HGTV.com? (03/16/2010)

By PIKKA

Advice for Arranging a Room

If you would just draw a picture of your room showing the placement of doors, the window and other permanent structures, and take a picture of your drawing, either post the picture on TF or email it to me I would be glad to help you. Arranging furniture is a hobby of mine and I think I could help you. (03/18/2010)

By latrtatr

Advice for Arranging a Room
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Furniture in a Living Room
Arranging Furniture in a Living Room
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
🎉
🎄