Advice on Painting Kitchen with Green Countertops

I currently have white cabinets with silver handles and green countertops. I am looking to paint the walls, but I am at a loss for colors. The walls currently are a soft cream color which is beginning to look drab. I am leaning towards a red or orange hue and I really want to brighten up the area. Any thoughts?

By Amanda from Greensboro, NC

Answers:

I am a lover of tangerine, peach, and apricot myself. Red I like, but for accents only. Too much red is like too heavy of loud metal music with no beat, just screech! I don't think I would do well with red walls at all! However, you might consider checking out doing perhaps just one wall in a burgundy. That would pop your cabinets. Then do the other walls in a neutral color like you already have, or the same with a bright tangerine. Just one wall is all it takes to liven things up!

And having the whole kitchen done in a super bright color might be a little much. However, I confess that I chose a light apricot color for my living room, and when it went on, it was almost too pinky for my taste. I added some bright tangerine (just a bit) to the lighter color, and loved it; whereas I would not have liked the whole room done in the bright of the tangerine. It would be too loud for my taste, and I like the feeling of peacefulness of a little "softer" color.

Do go to many stores and get paint chips; as the colors are so versatile. And consider "making your own" as I did! (11/02/2010)

By MzScarlett

I have white cabinets with green countertops also. I painted my kitchen a dark red and I love it! I get lots of complements on it. (11/03/2010)

By lilbit524

Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Green Countertops
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
painted formica countertops
Painting a Formica Countertop
Nice Countertops
Protecting Your Countertops
Tile Countertops
Installing Tile Countertops
🎉
🎄