After Christmas Shopping Tips and Ideas

What are your tips for shopping the sales after Christmas? Post your ideas below.

After Christmas Shopping Tips and Ideas

Check the ads in the paper so that you have a general idea of what you're going to buy. Because of crowded conditions, I like to try and make a list to shop as quickly as possible. Use those coupons!!! Most stores have great sales on even general merchandise after Christmas. So, take coupons for your regular products, as well. It may be a good time to stock up! (12/29/2004)

By Erin814

Shopping Holiday Clearance Sales

Shop the clearances after each holiday and keep an open mind - Christmas sets can be split into gifts for Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day. Some stocking stuffer candy sets that don't have a Christmas theme can be given as part of a birthday gift.

By Angel (01/10/2005)

By ThriftyFun

After Christmas Shopping Tips and Ideas

My idea of shopping after Christmas, is to lay low, cause I'm broke! LOL! (4 kids) I believe in coupons, but don't come across them very often. I stood in line behind a lady at the drug store for 20 minutes while she exercised her thrifty coupon adventure and I didn't mind, was amazed at the money that she saved. She was totally organized! Really put that store clerk through her paces on the till! LOL! (01/11/2005)

After Christmas Shopping Tips and Ideas

Mom had a thing about Hallmark tree ornaments (some are really nice) and Hallmark wrapping paper (I did most of the gift wrapping and I think that's the best there is). After Christmas she'd buy this stuff, and some bows and cards and such for half price. The Hallmark vendors here run half-price sales every year after Christmas. And of course there are many good specials on gifts for next Christmas too. Also anything you might use in a fruitcake, etc. I would avoid buying any high-tec or electronic stuff for next year though, because the price will probably have come down by then.

By Alphtoo

Mark Downs After Christmas

Watch those stores for super duper mark downs on Christmas wrapping, tags, cards, etc. Did I ever get bargains. I purchased 50 foot rolls of Christmas wrappings (and it was the classy stuff) for $ .25 per roll. Tags were 100 for $ .17. The cards, I passed on as I have enough for the next 5 years. In the event that you, like me, purchase enough cards to take you through many years just make sure that you keep them in a nice dry spot and in an area that no odor will affect them (like a musty cellar or an overheated attic) and also make sure that there is no greeting inside of the card that mentions the year. How embarrassing that would be to see for example, MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY 2004, when indeed 2004 has come and gone.

By joesgirl (01/18/2005)

A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Shopping After Christmas Sales
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Escalators at a shopping mall
Black Friday Shopping Tips
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Seasonal Shopping
Seasonal Shopping Tips