KitchenProduct Reviews

Airfryer Reviews

I'm tempted by airfryers, but I wonder whether I could do much that I couldn't do with my conventional oven. For those of you who have an airfryer, what's your experience?

Best Answer

An air fryer was on my list for Santa Clause but since no one saw my list, Santa brought other things.

I did some research before Christmas and I believe this will be on my birthday list.

Seems one of the differences is the amount of food that can be cooked at one time. Since there are only 2 in my house that would be an advantage for me.

Reheating also seems to be better in the air fryer and faster  maybe saves electricity. This is if you want your food to be crispy.

I like the fact that an air fryer has a guard at the bottom that could catch any dripping oil (if there is any) but the oven has to be cleaned differently and does take more time.

Also, everyone is "fat" conscious now and these fry with almost no oil and any oil/fat in the food gets pulled out and ends up in the tray. Food is supposed to be crispy without extra calories.

I am not sure it will be as juicy as most food in my convection oven.

Looks like it can be used for a lot of different type food.

I saw one in a cooking class. The chicken they cooked was delicious, and hardly used any oil. If you like the taste of fried foods, it would be a great purchase. You can't get those results in a conventional oven.

I have a Paula Deen 5.3 quart ceramic Air Fryer. I absolutely love it. It is, in effect, convection cooking in a small space. Anything you can cook in the oven or top of stove, you can cook in the Air Fryer. Cleanup is a breeze because of it being ceramic. Frozen French fries take about 10-12 minutes. I have cooked a whole turkey breast, chicken, pork chops, etc. It takes a lot less time because the heat is concentrated. You can't go wrong with one. Paula Deen is on the Evine shopping channel.

I am always reluctant to try this things advertised.... I worry about if the meat or whatever is done properly to be safe.. If the food picks up any metals or similar from the cooker etc... please investigate thoroughly first....

I always worry about weather the item cooks the food properly, or if any materials from the pot are added.. please be careful