Dog With Skin Allergies

Peach is a 9 year old Maltese. She has been suffering from allergies for about 4 years. She also has pancreatitis, so she has to eat only special veterinarian food (Eukonuba Intestinal). We have tried every available shampoo here in Israel. The last 2 years we have bought a huge amount of special shampoos and were disappointed again and again. It seems that no shampoo will work for her. We bath her every 2 months or so, when she is really dirty. Any ideas what we can do? Maybe she is allergic to water?

By Rachel C.

Your dog likely has food allergies. Look into alternative diets for her. There should be several posted on this site.

Ask your vet if your dog has seborreah. Does she feel oily, smell terrible and scratch constantly. If she does, please try Dinovite. It is a food supplement you can buy on line. We spent over $5,000 on vet bills, shots, medication, medicinal shampoos, etc. I have a closet full of remedies and nothing worked. After being on Dinovite for 4-5 weeks everything changed. People stop us on the street to tell us how beautiful he is. I would love to know how you make out.

Anonymous

My black lab's coat was oily, itchy, smelly and had red, crusty patches with hair falling out. I did some research and found out it was a yeast issue. I wash her weekly with Nizoral shampoo. She looks and smells great now! Oh yeah, I also switched her diet to grain-free.