Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

I keep my used dryer sheets in an empty Clorox Bleach Wipe container. They come in extremely handy when you need to knock the dust off of baseboards or your car interior. They're also great for taking the dust off of mini blinds.

By April from Albany, GA

Read more ideas below.

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

I hate trying to cover my face with one hand and spray insect repellent on the sides and back of my head. I crumple up a used dryer sheet and pump about 5 spays of repellent into it. The dryer sheet holds a good amount of liquid and its very easy to apply the repellent. (07/13/2007)

By Mike from Yukon, OK

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

I use old dryer sheets in flower pots to cover the holes in the bottom to keep the soil from coming through. (08/18/2007)

By Laura

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

When I change the bag in my vacuum cleaner, I place a new fabric softener sheet inside the bag through the hole where you attach the bag to the vacuum. Then, every time you vacuum, you scent the room. (08/21/2007)

By Deb from SC

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

Put used dryer sheets in the bottom of your trash cans before you add the new bag, they absorb liquids and when you change your trash bag you do not get that terrible whiff, but instead a pleasant aroma.

Also, tape a fresh one to the inside top of your mailbox, it gives a fresh scent each time opened, and leaves your mail smelling fresh and will deter insects from trying to build nest in and around your mailbox.

When you are having an outside picnic or family reunion outside place one near the trash can, it will keep away the bees and flies.

Put one inside you picnic basket or on your picnic table where you will be eating it keeps the flies at bay. (10/29/2007)

By theseamstress

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

Never, ever use dryer sheets on pets. The chemicals are toxic. (11/10/2007)

Keeps spiders out of your basement etc.

Spiders and other bugs hate the smell of fabric sheets so they won't build webs near the sheets. Put them in the rafters of your home to control the pests. Thank you everyone for all your stories. (06/27/2008)

By Gladys

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

I had a big spot of road tar on my car. Here is the solution and it worked beautifully. Wet the spot, take a new dryer sheet and rub it on the spot. It came right off. Won't damage the paint and took little to no effort to get it off. Also, works on those nasty old bug guts on the front grill. (08/12/2008)

By RebeccaV

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

To clean bug splats from windshield, wet one or more softener sheets and wipe over splats, wait a couple minutes, wipe again and then flush with water, works like a miracle. Also use on grill, headlights, side mirrors, and any other surfaces. This is especially great for those in the south during the love bug seasons. (09/19/2008)

By cebob

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

I use the old ones to clean the inside of my shower. They work great. (02/20/2009)

By chammich

Alternative Uses for Dryer Sheets

Used dryer sheets are perfect for getting stuck on food out of pots, pans, and baking dishes. Just fill the pot, pan, or dish with water and add a used dryer sheet. Let sit over night. The next morning just swish and wash. It works great. (06/23/2009)

By Bittyfrog

Reusing Dryer Sheets, Cute snowmen made out of reused dryer sheets.
Reusing Dryer Sheets
foil ball
Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Cutting dryer sheets in half.
Saving Money on Dryer Sheets