Aluminum Foil Stuck to the Bottom of My Oven

I have a self cleaning oven. While baking lasagna, cheese overflowed and then foil was put in place to catch it. Now, the foil has completely stuck onto the bottom of the oven. Can I use the self cleaning feature to remove it?

By llmcgowan from Simi Valley, CA

Answers:

I wouldn't take that chance if I were you and use the self clean. Try soaking an old rag in some hot water, wring it out and place it over the aluminum foil stuck to the bottom of your oven. You will have to remove it the old way by using some elbow grease. It will take some time, but you should be able to peel it away piece by piece. (04/30/2009)

By MCW

I would think the self-clean feature would turn the cheese to ash, so the foil would come off. (05/05/2009)

By kimhis

Sure. The same thing happened to me and the self-cleaning oven just turned the foil to ash. (05/10/2009)

By Goldie2