Rice Flour and Almond Pudding Recipe

Category Pudding
Garnished bowl of rice pudding.
Substituting rice flour for cooked rice gives this pudding a smooth creamy texture while keeping all of the flavor of traditional rice pudding. This page contains a rice flour and almond pudding recipe.

I call this the Amazing Rice Flour and Almond Pudding, because I could never keep down gooey rice type puddings until I tried my mum's later on in my life. It is absolutely the best! I don't share her personal recipes too often, but this one is just too yummy. I hope you like it!

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

• 4 cups milk
  • 3/4 cup rice flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds
  • few drops vanilla extract
  • 1 pack gelatin (1/4 oz)

1. Place all the rice flower in a pan (no heat). Add some cold milk and stir, gradually adding all the milk while stirring.
  2. Add gelatin and stir.
  3. Turn the heat on to medium. Keep stirring to avoid sticking the bottom until bubbles start appearing at the top.
  4. Ad
  5. Add sugar when the milk comes to a boil, stir. Add vanilla.
  6. Remove pan from heat. Stir in almonds. Let cool.
  7. Ad
  8. Pour into individual cups or into a serving dish. It will harden as it sits. Chill in fridge if you want to serve it cold (my preference), but it can also be served warm. It's lovely with a dollop of jam or fresh fruits. Enjoy!
  9. Ad

I made rice pudding just once, using the traditional recipe. It was quite good. Don't know why I never made it, again. I'm sure this recipe would be much better. (Gotta be. Almonds taste better than raisins).

You know what? I bet if a person were lactose intolerant, they could use almond milk instead of dairy milk and still have a super dessert.

Thanks

They sure could use almond milk. My new favourite is cashew milk! It is so good! The almonds are awesome because they still retain a bit of crunch but soaking in the pudding for a bit gives them this amazing soft texture, too. Oh, its bliss! I must make more! ;)

I just wanted to THANK YOU for sharing this recipe- I've saved it to my recipe folder, & am so anxious to try it! I can taste it already! As a matter of fact, I intend to treat MYSELF to this delicious treat AFTER I've done all I can for everyone else this Thanksgiving! A reward for myself- something we rarely do for ourselves- but I'm really looking forward to this! I ALSO guard my Mother's special recipes- so I am especially thankful that you have decided to share your Mum's!! Very kind of you, & I'll never tell a soul!! Haha! May you & yours have a lovely, BLESSED holiday season! Cheers!!

Aw Ivey, this made my day!!! I can't wait until you try it. You will just adore it. Let's keep our family secrets AFTER this one, yes? Have a blessed holiday season, as well!