Angel Food Ministries

If you want to reduce the cost of your everyday food, consider the following: contact the Angel Food Ministries. It is connected with local churches and is a very good food program. I am a senior citizen and my wife and I order on the 1st of the month at our church and get our full dinners during the last week of the month. You are going to be surprised at the low cost. If you have a computer, please pull up their web page and you will find locations all over the U.S. Most are at local churches. There is no commitment or income figure to meet.

Source: http://www.angelfoodministries.com/

By jimbo719 from Lake Helen, FL

Answers:

Angel Food Ministries

The food provided them is an excellent value, and really good food! (09/19/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Angel Food Ministries

Thank you so much for this information. I have visited the site and placed an order. The pick up point is just ten miles from my home. This will help me tremendously. I'm elderly and struggling financially. Once again, thank you and God Bless You! (09/21/2009)

By irisbird

Angel Food Ministries

I'm not sure if the prices differ from each location, but I found them not to be that inexpensive at all. When you break down the cost per pound of the meats, figure in the prices of the vegetables per pound, etc. you find, as a whole, it is not a bargain. Many people mistakenly believe if they are buying in bulk they are saving money. This is not true and you must know how much the items sell for by the pound in order to determine its overall cost saving value.

In addition, if you buy these items on sale at your local grocery store, the Angel Food Ministries is not really a bargain at all. Remember, the cost value of their package is based on suggested manufacturer's retail prices. Do your homework before you fall into the trap, no matter how cheap you think it might be. (09/21/2009)

By milkmaid1957

Angel Food Ministries

The program doesn't do much to help people that have no way to get to the site to pick up the package. (09/21/2009)

By redhatterb

Angel Food Ministries

Angel food varieties have been quite interesting for my husband and myself. We do not order the meals, but rather the basic assortment. We have not found too many things that we did not want, due to the meat being too fat, (normal reason), but when we do, we share that, and some other things with other family who might just need a boost at the time. We order two orders ea. Mo. And find that we always have meat left over, as we do not eat as much meat as is provided, but the variety is good, and the vegetables, frozen corn, lima beans, carrots, etc., Are quite good. Now it is not necessary, in our area anyway, to buy a standard order before ordering any of the specialty orders, so there are all kinds of choices. (09/23/2009)

By LJF

Angel Food Ministries

My husband was laid off in April. This past month, I finally ordered my first box from AFM. I was so excited on pick-up day. When I arrived home, my husband and sons were waiting anxiously to see what this was really about. We carried in the food and set it out on our kitchen table. We looked at the food and were happy with the appearance. Well the month is over and we have used almost all of the food. We have been very happy with the quality and taste of everything we've made. For December, we ordered 2 boxes.

I know AFM is controversial but our family feels its a good deal and we are thankful that it is available. Between AFM and Aldi's, we have drastically cut our food costs and are able to put food on the table each night. (12/01/2009)

By CRMom

Angel Food Ministries

redhatterb, contact the host site. The church I am with has delivery for the home bound, not part of the Angel Food Ministry directly, but run by the same person. (12/31/2009)

By Gray Wanderer

Angel Food Ministries
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Datura Angel Trumpet
Growing Angel Trumpet
Crocheted Heart Angel
Crocheted Heart Angel
Angel Food Cake
Angel Food Cake Recipes
🎉
🎄