Angel Food Ministries

I have some physical problems and my husband's insurance company suggested some people who might be able to help me. One company I had never heard of before is This is a national company that offers boxes of food and pre-made meals for handicapped and/or busy people. I was pleased with the quality of food they offer and the price they ask for this food.

I suggest that you go to their website and see if this group can help you too. The food can be paid for online so you do not have to waste time when you pick up your food, just remember to take a copy of your order with you. Because your food must be picked up between the hours they are open (your food will be given to someone else at the discretion of the distribution site if you are not there in time) we also designated our daughter as an alternate pick up person (just in case my husband cannot be there).

I suggest everyone who has a difficult time preparing meals or everyone who would like a quality box of food for less than what you'd pay at the grocery store to look into this organization.

By Bobbie from Phoenix, AZ

Editor's Note: Angel Food Ministries is not available in every part of the country. Check the site to see if you can receive it where you live.

Angel Food Ministries

With Angel Food Ministries, it would be nice if the volunteers could deliver the food for people that don't have cars for one reason or another. I can't afford to take a cab across town to pick the groceries up and I don't know anybody with a car that is any more physically able to handle that amount of groceries. The ones that could do it for me are the kind of people that I don't really want knowing my business. (02/19/2010)

By redhatterb

Angel Food Ministries

I have used it and the Share program. I found that the meats were breaded and most of it was to be deep fried. The french fries were the end pieces that were cut off and not used in your regular brand. Also the canned green beans were the end pieces. If you have an Aldi's, Save a Lot, Fareway store, or dollar stores, you are far better off buying from them. You will come out ahead in price and value for your money, plus, you can use coupons when possible. (02/20/2010)

By craftyme

Angel Food Ministries

I have used Angel Food ministries. I do not care for their frozen ready meals. They come 10/$28.00 which is not a great bargain. You can do a lot better at a grocery store with frozen meals on sale. I did purchase a 10 lb. pack of chicken for 20$ which I was quite happy with. There are coupons (believe it or not) for this service at (02/22/2010)

By monnat96

Angel Food Ministries

I have had a wonderful time with Angel Food. I get at least 1 of the menu items listed every month. You can go to the website and it will tell you where churches are that participate. (02/22/2010)

By sandy63

Angel Food Ministries
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Datura Angel Trumpet
Growing Angel Trumpet
Crocheted Heart Angel
Crocheted Heart Angel
Angel Food Cake
Angel Food Cake Recipes