Ant Repellent Product Reviews

Category Lawn & Garden
Ant Repellent
There are many ant repellent products on the market. Trying to find the best one for your needs can be frustrating, time consuming, and expensive. This is a guide about ant repellent product reviews.

Use Tilex fresh shower to kill ants in the house. It stops the instantly and practically melts them. It smells great too. The only downside is that it has no residual value. Once it is dry, they walk right over it. I sprayed a colony and it killed it instantly.

I think that the surfactant with the acid does them in. At any rate, a great find and smells better than bug sprays.

By Handyman Dan from Chicago, IL

Top Comment

Watch for the BLEACHING effect of this product and be careful if you intend to use it indoors or on painted decks, etc.

Top Comment

Cinnamon is the cheapest ant repellant. I get mine @ the Dollar Store. In the spring right before a good rain make a trail around the base of your house. When the rain washes it into the soil the ants run. If the ants have gotten inside sprinkle the carpet with cinnamon and vacuum in the morning.

Product: Advion Roach and Ant Bait and Gel

Cost: Around $24.00

I am very happy with their product and it works. I ordered the first package and put them out according to the video.

I had trouble cutting the tip off the bait gel in the syringe, so I am going to pull it out with pliers next time and then use the little nozzle that comes along with it.

It is a great product. Here is the website that I ordered from.

By Robyn from Tennessee

Our area of the state is well known for having to battle ants in the summer. Irregardless if it is indoors, outdoors, food on counter, bleached counters, it doesn't matter. Last year my husband found a wonderful product he sprinkled around our home and we had no problems indoors or directly around the home, and it lasted all summer.

Unfortunately, he cannot remember which one it was. We have tried two that he thought it might be and they do nothing. Does anyone have a clue what will work? These are not fire ants. These are the little ants that everyone calls picnic ants, moisture ants, etc.

Great quesiton -- and one I had earlier this year. I tried a number of different things, but in the end, I found that a cheap gel that can be found at a place like Home Depot or Lowe's did the trick. I've already posted my experience on TipHero.com: http://www.tiph  n-your-home.html

[I've heard of people making their own solution using boric acid and sugar water. I have not tried that but curious if anyone else has?]

I've also tried the product that you sprinkle outside the home. I think it's a good defense if they're not in your home, but if they're already in, use the gel.

Good luck!

Nick

Borax mixed with powdered sugar worked for me. Just be sure to keep pets away from it.

The product that works best for ant deterrent is Boric Acid. It comes in several different forms. I have found a tablet called Echol, found in a hardware store, works best for me. Just throw some in the bottom/back of your kitchen cupboards, under your stove and around the pipes in your bathroom vanity. As they disintegrate, replace with fresh ones, which is usually about every 6 months or a little less.

I had the same problem in my basement they would gather under any moist area or under boxes or bags.So I use this mixture and they disapear in a couple of days.

Use 1-tablespoon of Boric Acid

1tsp. white sugar

4oz. water

Mix altogeather and soak a cotton ball or it may sound stpid but I took a small mini pad and cut it in three and let it swell up with the solution then placed it where the ants were. The ants will suck up the liquid and take it back to the nest.

My grandmother used cornmeal. Just sprinkle it around the area or out side the window or door thay are coming into the house. The ants will eat the cornmeal and carry it back to their nest for others to eat. Ants can not digest the cornmeal thus killing the ant(s).

I do remember my mother using boric acid growing up for roaches. I should have thought of that for ants. I did try the cornmeal earlier in the summer though and it did nothing to deter them. I even bought the cornmeal with yeast in it and it did nothing. But I will try the boric acid. Thanks for all your ideas!

For ants in the house , we use "PIC Liquid Bait Ant Killer". Wonderful stuff. Very inexpensive. Available at most grocery stores.

I use cornmeal and diabetic sugar mix. It might take a couple of treatments but it does work. The bigger the nest the more treatments. Borax works well too. You can sprinkle these any where. They are safe for kids and pets. It real works. They carry it back to the nest if you don't know where it is, if you do sprinkle every 3-4 days till the nest is gone.

Anonymous

Buy sulphate of ammonia or ammonia sulphate powder (fertiliser ) and lightly sprinkle it on ant trails and nests. 10 minutes and their gone,and will not come back while the powder is there.