Ants In The Bathroom

What do I do about ants in the bathroom? There are just a few stranglers, but they are driving my CRAZY!

Randi from Vacaville, CA

Answers:

Ants In The Bathroom

There are two things you can try. Place cucumber peel at the place where they are coming into the room. It may work. If you don't have small children or pets, you can use borax sprinkled around where they are coming in.

I have heard, though not actually tried, that a thick line of chalk, the kind that is used by children to draw on sidewalks, will help keep ants away (10/16/2006)

Ants In The Bathroom

I would spray the baseboards with Raid or DeCon ant spray then put out those little plastic ant traps. This has worked great for me. Also I have put spikes of ant poison in the ground outside the window. They are round on top and look like compressed sand with a spike on the bottom that presses into the ground. I don't remember the brand but it may have been Raid. (10/17/2006)

By Mel from NC

Ants In The Bathroom

Read recently that if you lay down some sugar substitute like Sweet & Low where you see the ants, they eat the sweetener, go back to the nest, and die. It worked for me. (10/17/2006)

By sylvia S

Ants In The Bathroom

Mix a solution of white vinegar and water. Spray it on and let it dry. Do NOT wipe off. I was told this by an exterminator. Mix it as follows; 1/2 WHITE vinegar to 1/2 cool water. Hope it helps. It certainly did mine.

Also, if you have trees that are growing over onto or near your roof, trim them back. The exterminator said that is how they are getting into the cooling system. We trimmed them back and sprayed the vinegar solution and it works. By the way, you have to spray about once a week to keep the ants gone. Good luck! (10/17/2006)

By grammaoftwo

Ants In The Bathroom

I soak some cotton balls in a solution of boric acid and then put them in spots that aren't accessible to children or pets, and that took care of them in my home.

I found that they were getting a free ride into my house on my clothes basket that I would set on the ground while the clothes dried. I have the umbrella type clothesline and now set the basket up on top of there, upside down and my ants are no more. (10/18/2006)

By Roberta

Ants In The Bathroom

I mix a paste of dish washing soap and Lysol with water. Pour it in a spray bottle and spray away on infested areas. It works for me! (06/07/2007)

By vs

Ants in the Bathroom
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎉
🎄