Ants In Yard and Driveway

My yard is crawling with ants. Does anyone have a remedy? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

By kostalota from Kamloops, B.C.

Answers:

Ants In Yard and Driveway

I read on the internet that you can add 20 mule team Borax (buy at Walmart in the laundry aisle) to sugar in a 50/50 ratio and the ants will take the borax back to their nests and it can kill the queen. It dehydrates the ants. I'd think twice if I had pets though. You should cover the sugar/borax up with something so animals can't get to it and only tiny ants can eat it! For example, a bucket with holes drilled into the sides for the ants to crawl through with a large, heavy cement block on top so a dog or cat couldn't turn the bucket over. Read the URL below for more Borax/Ants ideas and info:

Read this post for more detailed info:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/ipm/msg0622204413443.html

* Apparently the ants prefer the Borax/Sugar mixture if you add several drops of water to it. They say (on the URL above) that water is the key (just a few drops added to the 50/50 pile). (06/09/2009)

By Cyinda

Ants In Yard and Driveway

We had the same problem until my husband started putting out 7 dust around the house. This stuff really works! We are absolutely free from ants now. (06/10/2009)

By busdrivr

Ants In Yard and Driveway

I have used bleach to kill them and also boiling water. (06/10/2009)

By Coll3

Ants In Yard and Driveway

Terro works but it takes a few days so you have to have patience and keep on feeding it to them, they are attracted to the scent. Put a couple of drops on the small squares of paper and watch them come to it. They take it back to the nest. Follow the ants to see where they are going, you might find the nest. You can find Terro at the grocery store, an orange and white box. It's about $2.00. I've been fighting them for 2 weeks now but they are thinning out.

Check all around the foundation of your house, they are looking for food so they may have a line running up something into a crack in the foundation. They're also carrying eggs (if you see one with a white dot in its mouth).

Remove all vegetation, climbing vines, or anything that's leaning up against the house they can climb on. Stop up any holes or cracks you find. They also like gutters, siding, anywhere they can get into. I also bought some Black Flag spray and killed a lot of them, the more you kill the better. Good luck! (06/10/2009)

By SewnVa

Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Fire Ants
Getting Rid of Fire Ants
Ant Hill in Forest
Getting Rid of Ant Hills
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎉
🎄