Apple Noodle Kugel Recipe

Many years ago, The New York Daily News featured a cooking column by Ella Elvin. One of my favorites was a recipe for Apple Noodle Kugel. I've misplaced the recipe, and nothing else that I've tried comes close to it. With the upcoming Jewish Holidays, I need help! Does anyone out there have Ella Elvin's recipe? Thanks so much!

Sharon from New York, NY

Answers:

Apple Noodle Kugel Recipe

www.bigoven.com has a number of apple kugel recipes. Maybe if you search the recipes on there, you will find one that sounds familiar for you? Good luck! (09/21/2008)

By Jilson

Apple Noodle Kugel Recipe

There is an old cookbook from 1962:

The Sunday News Family Cook Book (Hardcover)
by Alice Petersen and Ella Elvin

I found used copies for sale at Amazon and other used book dealers online. One price was only 8 cents plus shipping and handling. (09/21/2008)

By OhioGirl

Apple Noodle Kugel Recipe

Many libraries have newspaper archives. You could check to see if these are online and look for your recipe that way.

Also, many newspapers have archives. You may be able to search your newspaper for your key words and come up with that recipe.

Have you tried googling her name or the recipe? (09/22/2008)

By bluealt

Apple Noodle Kugel Recipe

This is the recipe I have. Passed down from family. I have put it down as it's written.
I hope it's what you are looking for.

Luchen Kugel:

• 1 pkg. wide noodles (cooked)
  • 3 lbs. green apples
  • 1 egg (beaten)
  • sugar/cinnamon
  • raisins

Grease casserole (1.5 qt)
    Soften raisins. Peel and slice apples as for pie. Slices should be thin.
    Mix all above ingredients together. Put into casserole.
    Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. (09/22/2008)

Apple Noodle Kugel Recipe

I have a copy of the Sunday News cookbook mentioned by OhioGirl and the recipe you desire is not in it. But it is a good cookbook nevertheless. (09/22/2008)

By susan matthews

Apple Noodle Kugel Recipe

I have two very good noodle kugel tried and true recipes. One has lots of cheese it in it, cottage cheese, sour cream, etc., and the other is just a noodle pudding with crushed pineapple with lots of eggs which forms like a custard. Don't know if these are similar to the NY daily news recipe you are looking for, but if you have any interest, please contact me and I will send it on to you. Happy new year, Sandi from New Jersey. (09/22/2008)

By sandi

Apple Noodle Kugel Recipe

Check out cooks.com, I found 6 pages of the recipe you are looking for. (09/22/2008)

By Jim.l

• Comments

apple casserole
    Apple Kugel Recipes
    Kugel
    Kugel Recipes
    Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
    Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
    Noodle Kugel
    Noodle Kugel Recipes
    Rice Kugel
    Rice Kugel Recipes
    🎉
    🎄