Are You Sick of Getting Store Catalogs?

How many others out there think the number and frequency of all those glossy magazines over and over again IS SO WASTEFUL!? Some of the biggest offenders are Kohl's, Penney's, and the Bon Ton. If those companies would stop that practice, they could pass on the savings to us. Can anyone out there IMAGINE the cost of publishing and printing all those catalogs? I think it is a DISGRACE! Hey, but that is just me!

Bonnie from Martinsburg

Answers:

Are You Sick of Getting Store Catalogs?

I like to get catalogs. I get to dream about all the things I can't afford! Our public library has a catalog/magazine exchange: leave some, take some. Maybe you could start something like that. Or take them to nursing homes. Some of the patients never get any mail and love to have something to look at. Be thankful if you're not getting porn, I get some of the most disgusting stuff(emails, too) you can imagine and I don't know how I got on those lists! On that thought I'll sign off and say"Merry Christmas"! (12/21/2007)

By perfume and powder

Are You Sick of Getting Store Catalogs?

I just saw a website on a national news channel that you can register free of charge and you can take your name off catalogs. If yours isn't listed, you can add it. A woman on tv who signed up has so far asked to be removed from 80 plus catalogs so far. The site is www.catalogchoice.org. Hope this helps. I call each company and ask to be removed and also send back the mailing label with a note too. But at least I can do it online and they forward the info and you can even go back if you are not removed within a certain amount of time. Worth checking it out.

(12/21/2007)

By LI Roe

Are You Sick of Getting Store Catalogs?

As soon as I get ANY stuff I don't want, I immediately call the toll free number, and tell them to REMOVE ME FROM ALL MAILINGS, IMMEDIATELY. Then, if the material has a postage-free envelope, I send it back with the same message. Why should our postal employees carry around all this stuff just for us to throw it out, and why should we have all those trees cut down, just for junk mail. Check out the internet; no carrying - throwing-out - or recycling. (12/21/2007)

By Reina

Are You Sick of Getting Store Catalogs?

I appreciate all the feedback. My main point with the advertisements, was the $$ the companies put into them, could and should be used for reducing their asking prices for merchandise. If we didn't have to pay for all that advertising, goods could be cheaper! (12/21/2007)

By

Are You Sick of Getting Store Catalogs?

I finally managed to get myself off those pesky lists and I ordered something online now I am on another one. My fault entirely. I am getting really fed up with 10 minutes of commercials on a 30 minute TV show, especially the ones where they tell you to ask your doctor about so and so. My doctor's first advanced degree was in pharmacology! I don't need to be telling him about drugs. There is a way to keep the porn out of your email. Before I had my present email I downloaded a free spam program called SPAMFIGHTER. It was wonderful! It will let you blacklist addresses as well as domains. Just google SPAMFIGHTER. (12/22/2007)

By MartyD

Are You Sick of Getting Store Catalogs?

I LOVE getting catalogs, but, that's just me! If you don't, them by all means, don't let them waste paper and kill more trees. Register to STOP getting catalogs and other junk mail!

Heres how:

www.stopjunk.com/
www.greendimes.com/
www.dmachoice.org
www.ProQuo.com
www.obviously.com/junkmail/
www.stopthejunkmail.com/

(12/22/2007)

By Cyinda

Are You Sick of Getting Store Catalogs?

The local elementary schools have paper recycling bins in the parking lots. That's where I put the catalogs. (12/23/2007)

By cookwie

stack of catalogs
Organizing Catalogs
bulb catalog sign
Ordering From Garden Catalogs
Colorful seed catalogs to be used in crafts.
Crafts Using Recycled Catalogs
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
stacks of fabric
Getting Fabric Donations for Charity Projects
🎄
🍂