Armpit Odor on T-shirts

Any suggestions on how to remove a strong odor from the armpits of recently washed cotton t-shirts?

Jeff from York

Answers:

Body Odor on Laundry

Armpit Odor on T-shirts

Vinegar. I have said it before and i will say it again. just soak some cotton balls in white vinegar and wipe them on your underarm. At the moment you will smell like a salad. Just let it sit oh 30 seconds then wash. I tell you I have one arm that gives me a fit every couple months. But I just get out my vinegar and it stops. (02/28/2006)

By sandy

Armpit Odor on T-shirts

How about hanging the t-shirts outside. I know its cold outside in much of the country, but I believe hanging clothes outside helps remove odors.
Gives them that fresh air smell. (02/28/2006)

By JILLSAVES

Old Person Odor

My husband told me I sometimes smell like an old grandma. I was shocked. Not that I'm not old enough, I'm 62, but no one bathes/showers more, uses more deoderant, and perfume. What can be done to get rid of the "death is upon her" smell? (03/20/2006)

By Ethnae

Armpit Odor on T-shirts

Re: OLD PERSON ODOR

I've spent a lot of time helping the elderly....both family and as a volunteer. Three things come to mind on the odor topic. I noticed that some medications caused a change in body odor and if the person was not drinking sufficient amounts of water their urine did definitely have a strong noticeable odor. If just a teensy tiny bit got on their underwear you could smell it. I don't think they noticed it themselves but someone coming into the home could. Another thing was washing their hair! They might wash their body but not their hair...and it would start to smell funky. Often the elderly feel that their clothing isn't dirty so they wear it day after day after day! When you're old or ill, or both, everything you do takes so much effort. Sometimes they deliberately choose not to drink very much water or other fluids just so they won't have to struggle to get to the bathroom as often! And why waste time and detergent if your clothes aren't "dirty"! Life is hard for them and they're probably doing the best they can. Help them, don't judge them! I've instructed my children and adult grandchildren to TELL ME if the time ever comes that my body or my home has an unpleasant odor. Yes, they DID have a panicked look when I made them PROMISE! LOL !!! I told them I was apologizing right then and there for any anger I might show over that at a future date! I'm relieved to have that covered! (03/22/2006)

By Grandma Margie

Shout

Try spraying SHOUT on the under arm area of the shirt, let it sit for a couple of minutes then immediately wash. Try washing the shirts in warm water. Warm water seems to clean clothes a lot better than cold. (01/24/2007)

By Stacy

A woman washing stinky clothing.
Removing Body Odor Smell From Clothing
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Mothballs
Removing Mothball Odor from Washing Machine
Armpit Odor
Remedies for Armpit Odor
🎉
🎄