Armpit Smell On Dry Clean Only Clothes

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get out perspiration and armpit smell out of dry clean clothes. I have seen many suggestions for washable clothes, but cannot find anything for fine fabrics. I work in suits everyday, and am tired of spending big bucks on new suits, only to feel like walking body odor after month or so! Please help.

Armpit Smell On Dry Clean Only Clothes

Try using plain white vinegar with water. It works on all my fine washables. When I wore suits for work, my shirt absorbed the underarm odors. In between wearings, the jacket would be aired just by leaving it out in my home-like hanging it up on the shower curtain rod. If your suits don't require a shirt, the underarm pads sound like a good idea. They have been around for decades since women first had this problem in the early decades of the 20th century. You could also make your own, using a shoulder pad for a pattern, or even use a shoulder pad. By attaching it inside your suit, with tiny snaps or velcro, so it wouldn't move around, your problem would be solved. (08/30/2005)

By gator10tx

i also recommend using vinegar under your arms. it really helps me. I use mitchum anitpersperant but I also have breakthru odor sometimes. I wash well and the smell is still there. Let it dry a bit then wipe all over underarm with vinegar, white or cider. let it sit for a bit then just wipe it off. It works wonders. Vinegar is a miracle in a bottle. (08/30/2005)

By sandy

Certain Dry

There is also a product called Certain Dry which is the Superman of the antiperspirant world. It's only applied once every 2-3 days, believe it or not. It may also help to curb the odor. (08/30/2005)

By bbb

Have you tried a product called Dryel? You can find it at most chain grocery or discount stores like WalMart. The starter kit is about 9 bucks. You get a big heavy plastic bag and some spot remover and X number of cloths that you put into the big bag, add your clothes to be dry cleaned and refreshed and then just pop them into the clothes dryer for 20 minutes. I recommend taking them out immediately after the dryer stops tumbling and hanging the items right away. Everything comes out nice and fresh and wrinkle free. I have saved hundreds of dollars in dry cleaning bills since this product has come out! I have never used it on feather or down pillows or jackets but I know that others have been successful with it. Once you try this you will probably never bother going to the dry cleaner again unless you have an odd stain. Do not use this product on Leather items from what I hear. Only clothing. Best Wishes! (08/31/2005)

By peachhead

Underarm Odor On Dry Clean Only Clothes
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home, Row of Dry Cleaned Shirts
Cleaning "Dry Clean Only" Clothing at Home
Armpit Odor
Remedies for Armpit Odor