Ask Cable and Phone Representatives About Special Deals

Any ideas on how to reduce monthly cable TV bill? Are there any other options? Thanks.

By handyladi from Benton, AR

Answers:

Call your cable TV provider, they run specials all the time but you probably won't know about them unless you call. (05/11/2009)

By Anonymous

There's always the option of cutting off your cable. You can watch most of your shows online at sites like hulu (http://www.hulu.com) also, most networks have their own websites also, where you can watch their shows. ( http://www.abc.com for example) (05/19/2009)

By bailegirl

Absolutely call your cable company! I had DSL and long distance (I don't own a cell phone) with the phone company and just digital cable with no premiums or tiers. I called the cable co., and they were happy to work with me. I call them every month or so to get whatever great deals are available and what they might cost. I've added and deducted so many options it makes my head spin, but they do it all from their offices and I never have to wait for an installation. At the moment, I've got high-speed (no more DSL), unlimited long distance, call waiting, call forwarding, voice mail, *69, and a couple of other goodies for $50 a month less than I was paying for just the phone, DSL and cable. My income is extremely limited, but the phone and cable are God-sends for someone who is stuck at home and disabled. (05/19/2009)

By pollylev