Attaching Shells to Mirrors

What is the best way to attach shells to a mirror frame? Here are tips from the ThriftyFun community.

Power Grab Adhesive

Do not use a glue gun. It will only last about a year. Use Power Grab by Loctite. It is a construction adhesive. It comes two ways. I buy the the one with it's own pressure valve for $6 at Home Depot. The $3 size goes in one of those large metal guns for caulking and is harder to use for small hands, but great if you are applying a lot of glue to spread around surface. My husband makes my flat frames. I paint them white as a rule because the glue is white. Have fun.

By Willietta

Silicone Glue

The best way to attach unlike materials to each other effectively is to use silicone glue.

By Notetotel

Hot Glue Gun

I tried the hot glue gun first and the shells came off again quite easily. I could not locate a product called clear caulk, but the silicone glue is working well so far.

By Sharr

Do you have any tips for attaching shells to mirrors? Feel free to post them below.

Answers: