Au Jus Burger Recipe

Category Beef
Grilled burger on mashed potatoes with au jus.
This is a guide about au jus burgers. Enhance your burger patties with beef broth for a moist, delicious burger.

Wanna spice up those burgers while not wanting buns? I had a pack of Krogers brand au jus. I fried the burgers until almost done. In a separate pan, I sauteed onions and mushrooms, then drained the burgers, and added the sauteed shrooms and onions.

In a sauce pan I mixed the au jus with water but used just half the amount of water as I wanted a thicker sauce. Then poured the sauce over the burgers, let them finish cooking and whammy.

My family loved this recipe, along with mashed potatoes, a little fruit and greens on the side. It made a delicious meal and no one even asked for a hamburger bun.

By Maryjo from Salem, WV

Sounds delicious. I do something like this once in awhile. I take a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of water and a pack of dried beefy onion soup mix and heat until it makes a nice gravy and pour this over the hamburgers. Yummm.

Au Jus is basically pure salt so I'd refrain from making something like this too often or at all if anyone in the family has hypertension. Beef is pretty high in sodium on it's own already.

Several years ago, my wife and I did something similar for Special Olympics athletes, their coaches and staff. We fed over 400 people. After grilling the burgers on a humongous (about 25' x 3') charcoal grill, we put them in hot beef gravy. This kept the burgers warm until they could be served.

We kept busy running the length of the grill, one on each side. Wouldn't want to do it today - too old to be running like that!