BreakfastRecipes

Avocado Pancakes

Vote for this contest contender!

I've been making an effort to increase my "good" fats recently, adding more avocados, nuts and fish into my meals. I love these avocado pancakes because they're just like regular pancakes, only more fluffy and silky. They also have such a lovely flavour, I skip the syrup altogether. Okay, I also happen to love the colour green, so there's that, too! ;)

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: 4 pancakes

1. Combine buttermilk, egg, melted butter, honey and vanilla in a blender and puree until well combined. Add avocado and blend until smooth.
  2. Add remaining ingredients and blend until dry ingredients are incorporated, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides. Do not over mix.
  3. Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium high heat. Pour batter onto pan in quarters.
  4. Ad
  5. When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip over. Cook on second side until golden brown.
  6. I love mine with chopped fresh fruit as it's so refreshing. You can also have the usual maple syrup, powdered sugar, or sugar and lemon. Yum yum!
  7. Ad

Love the thought of this! You get my vote!

Thank you so much, Donna! :)

When I saw only the title of this post, I said, 'Aha! I know who posted this article'. And I was right.

So, Miz Toosa, how does it feel to be recognized by your style, alone? You have cultivated a 'certain something', a unique savoir-faire, s'il vous plaît. It seems 'You have arrived'.

Now, enough of my generosity. I must check out this scrumptious looking recipe. Actually, I don't care for avocados. I'm in hopes your recipe will cause me to want to add them to my diet.

Anticipation? Yes!

Haha! Oh, Doug-- will you say the same when a not-so-usual grits recipe pops up on here? :) I am still working on my masterpiece! Top of mind here!

I hope you can add in a bit of avocado to your diet-- it's ever so good for you in so many ways!