Making a Baby Faces Birthday Banner
Using different photos of your baby's face you can may a special birthday banner. This is a guide about making a baby faces birthday banner
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This birthday banner is a great way to show how much your baby has grown over their first year!
- 5x7 black and white photos
- heavy scrap booking papers
- pom poms
- hot glue gun
- white school glue
- small pom pom trim
- rick rack or ribbon
- crafting knife
- cutting mat
- Try to enlarge all of your photos where the faces will be similar sizes. Use a sharp crafting knife to cut out the faces.
- Lay each face down on the back of the scrapbooking paper and mark the side of the head and then make a mark for the tip of the hat. Move he photo and draw the outline of the hat. Cut it out.
- Lay the hat onto the head, then turn them over. Trace the edge of the head onto the hat and draw a few marks that extend onto both the hat and the head. You will use these marks to realign the head on the hat when gluing.
- Apply white glue to the hat, in the area where the head will be attached. Align the head and stick it to the hat. Allow glue to dry. Repeat for all of the faces.
- Run a thin line of hot glue along the edge of the hat and carefully adhere the pom pom trim. Trim off any excess trim.
- Apply hot glue to the tip of the hat and attach a pom pom.
- Lay the rick rack out on the floor and arrange all of the faces to fit evenly spaced.
- Attach each hat to the rick rack with hot glue. NOTE: Be sure that they don't adhere the banner to the surface that you are working on.
- Tie loops at the ends of the rick rack to hang your banner. Enjoy!
April 7, 20160 found this helpful
This cute banner is perfect for celebrating a first birthday or other milestone. Learn how to make in with this short video.
In This Guide