Baby Food Jar Birthday Souvenirs

I have my son's 1st birthday in December. I have a lot of baby food jars that I want to use as birthday souvenirs. I found some ideas on the internet, but they are for girls. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Dardanella from Puerto Rico

Answers:

Baby Food Jar Birthday Souvenirs

I saw an article suggesting turning the jars into candle/votive holders. You could also fill them with candy. (07/29/2005)

By apmacik

Baby Food Jar Birthday Souvenirs

You could fill them with a home made spice mix and top it off with a ribbon and a glued plastic chili pepper on the lid. The guest's mothers might enjoy receiving it.

One of the nicest birthdays I ever went to was for one of my students in kindergarten.
The parents had champagne con fresas and an expensive cake of some sort and the kids had punch and birthday cake. (07/29/2005)

By cookwie

Baby Food Jar Birthday Souvenirs

I wrapped baby food jars in Fimo clay, covering the jar and the lid, and used alphabet rubber stamps to stamp names on them. Then the recipient had their own little "treasure" jar. Mine were for older kids and I put a foreign coin in each one. I chose personalized colors for each recipient. (07/30/2005)

By QueenBeeCrafts

Baby Food Jar Birthday Souvenirs

What theme are you doing? If you're doing an under the sea theme paint it like the ocean and fill it with candy. If it's a winter theme make little snow globes out of them. Or make candles and make a small card with your son's picture and birth date then punch a hole in it and tie it on with ribbon. If not candles just fill with candies and paint the lids to match your theme colors. My friend used one for a picture holder. She filled it with the paper Easter grass and taped a picture on the inside, then she added sparkly things, confetti, and little charms. Hope this helps! (09/02/2005)

By tah tah

Baby Food Jar Birthday Souvenirs

Another idea is paint the lid pink if its a girl and blue if its a boy. Then glue a baby figurine on top of the lid. At the side of it you could also design with lace or just put a nice ribbons. Then filled the jars with assorted candies. The kids will surely love it! (04/14/2006)

By jaz_fashionable195

Baby Food Jar Birthday Souvenirs

Since you would like a boy theme, try miniature trucks or cars inside. I like the blue ribbon the other person had for an idea, but yellow is a good unisex color. A small amount of regular or colored sand would be cute on the bottom before you put the truck or car in. A mini dune buggy would be really cool, but I don't know where they would sell them. (08/20/2006)

By Susan

"Hugs and Kisses" from Your Child

Fill the jars with Hershey's hugs and kisses. Attach a note that says, "Hugs and Kisses From Johnny!" (07/25/2007)

By Misty

Baby Food Jar Birthday Souvenirs

You could also fill them with ice cream or jello. I had that idea, but could not do it because the party for my twins will be at a park. (08/26/2008)

By Ivelisse

Baby Food Jar Birthday Souvenirs
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Freezing Baby Food. Jar of Baby Food with Spoon
Freezing Baby Food
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎄