Badly Damaged Permed Hair

I got my perm in August and now the ends of my hair are fluffy. My hair used to be fine, but now the ends are coarse, what do I do? Please help!

By Isabella

Best Answer

I have very dry damaged hair. These tricks seem to help manage the frizz:

After shampooing, use a good conditioner and massage it into the ends of your hair; leave on for 3-5 min. Rinse with cool water

When towel drying your hair, squeeze out as much water as possible, then use a towel to squeeze more water out, do not 'rustle' your hair through the towel

Use a good leave in conditioner and massage gently into the ends of your hair.

You can braid it or put it in a low bun to wind the hair together, which will help it lay flat.

If you really want your hair to look beautiful and sleek, use a flat iron or curling iron. Using heat is not ideal on damaged hair but is good when you really need it. Use a heat protector or argan oil etc, and massage through the ends of your dry hair. Gently straighten or softly curl the ends. Voila!

Since it's been about two months since your perm, I'd go in for a haircut and have the damaged ends cut off. A good hair conditioner will help but will never repair the damage.