Baked Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar and Butter

• 1 acorn squash, cut in 1/2
  • 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
  • 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
  • Salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Scoop the seeds and stringy pulp out of the squash cavities and discard. In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, syrup, and salt and pepper to taste. Rub the squash cavities and cut sides of the squash with the butter mixture and place them on a baking sheet, cut side up. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour until the squash is tender when pierced with a fork. Serve 1 half per person.

My Variation: I cut the squash in half, seed it, and microwaved it cut side down, for approx. 10 min. in a glass dish. I then baked it in a 350 degree F oven for 15 minutes.

Source: Paula Deen, www.foodnetwork.com

By Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Answers:

I do mine in the microwave on high for about 10 minutes or until they are soft. I just put in a tablespoon brown sugar, put a pat butter on it and then put some raisins and walnuts into them. (12/12/2007)

By Har'iet

Stuffed Baked Squash
Baked Squash Recipes
Acorn Squash
Freezing Acorn Squash
Brown Sugar
Making Brown Sugar
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🎄