Baked Ham Recipes

Category Ham
Baked Ham Recipes
Baked ham is a family favorite in many homes. This page contains baked ham recipes.

• 1 fully cooked ham (preferably on the bone)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup sliced pineapple
  • Maraschino cherries (with stems)
  • 1 cup black coffee (not strong)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Remove wrappings from ham. Place in roasting pan and bake 20 minutes per pound. Thirty minutes before the end of cooking, remove ham from the oven. Make 1/4 inch deep slits across top of ham both ways, forming a diamond shapes. Place pineapple rings over ham placing a cherry in the center of each ring. Mix brown sugar and pineapple juice from can to make a glaze and spoon over ham. Return it to the oven. Bake 15 minutes, then re-drizzle glaze over the ham. Bake 15 minutes more, then drizzle just before removing from the oven. Pour coffee in the pan. This deglazes the pan and makes a delicious gravy.

By Robin

Inexpensive, quick, and easy meal to prepare.

Directions:

Depending on the quantity you are making, put ham slice(s) in baking dish, sprinkle with mustard and brown sugar. Place slices of potato around and over the ham. Cover with just enough milk to cover. Bake about one hour at 400 degrees F.

Source: Can't remember where I got it.

By Mother of 5 from Nova Scotia

I wanted to share my mom's classic baked ham recipe. We used to have this every Easter when I was growing up. I have never tasted better!

• 1 fully-cooked ham (preferably on the bone)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup sliced pineapple
  • maraschino cherries (with stems)
  • 1 cup black coffee, not strong

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove wrappings from ham. Place in roasting pan and bake 20 minutes per pound. Thirty minutes before the end of cooking, remove ham from the oven. Make 1/4 inch deep slits across top of ham both ways, forming diamond shapes. Place pineapple rings over ham placing a cherry in the center of each ring. Mix brown sugar and pineapple juice and spoon over the ham. Return it to the oven. Bake 15 minutes, then re-drizzle glaze over the ham. Pour coffee in the pan. This de-glazes the pan and makes a delicious gravy.

Servings: varies
Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 per pound Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

I found this online a few years ago and have yet to make it but am hoping someone else can use it in light of the upcoming holidays!

Andie's Original Recipe for WPOPFHBH* Ham (*Why Pay Outrageous Prices For Honey Baked Ham)
By Andie Paysinger

"Following is the ham recipe I developed originally for cooking "dry-cured" hams from my family's farm in Kentucky. These are usually quite salty as they are pre-cured in a barrel of salt before being hung in the smoke house. People in the south like saltier ham than folks out here so I experimented until I discovered this way of cooking them which actually extracts a lot of the salt. Then I discovered that very cheap store hams also come out nicely flavored when cooked this way. I always warn people to keep the heat low and the time long - as one doesn't get the same results with more heat and less time. I have cooked this for a lot of people and told quite a few people who have used this method and have yet to find anyone who has not found this to be just about the best ham ever."

This recipe (or cooking method) works really well with the absolute cheapest bone-in ham, the holiday "Loss Leaders" at 49, 59, cents a pound, sometimes less. DON'T GET THE SHANK END

For a 12 to 15 pound ham you will NEED the following:

Directions:

1. Trim any skin off the ham but leave some of the fat, - less than 1/4 inch thickness. Score the fat down to the meat in a diamond or tic-tac-toe pattern, your choice.

2. Take the ice pick and stab the ham all over, and I mean many, many stabs.. Use up some of your latent aggression.

3. Take the dry mustard and massage it into the ham. If you must, stick whole cloves into the ham, as many as you want.

4. Put the ham in the pot. Pour in the maple syrup until it comes up at least 1/2 way on the ham, a little more won't hurt, it won't be going to waste.

5. Place the ham in a COLD oven and turn the temp control to 300 degrees F. Set timer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes reduce heat to 250. and turn the ham over in the syrup.

6. Continue cooking for 3 hours for a 12 pound ham, add 30 minutes for each 2 pounds over that, turning the ham every 30 minutes. This is a long, slow method that will have remarkable results.

7. At the end of the baking time, remove ham from pot, allow to drain on a rack for 20 minutes then slice.

Most of the salt in the ham will have been extracted through the stab wounds and the meat will have absorbed some of the maple flavor from the syrup.

When the liquid left in the pot has cooled, strain it through a coffee filter and freeze it, you can use it two more times. After that it loses a bit of flavor or becomes too salty.

Recommended By ~Kayla~ "homeschoolin_mum"