Baked Oatmeal Recipes
Baked oatmeal with added ingredients such as dried fruit and nuts, makes a substantial, convenient breakfast meal. This page contains baked oatmeal recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Not only is baked blueberry banana oatmeal hearty and nutrient dense, it tastes really good. I double the recipe and freeze half in single serving portions for quick breakfasts on the run.
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Source: Muscle & Fitness Hers Magazine
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar or 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 2 cups light soy milk (I used vanilla flavor)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter (original recipe called for trans-fat free tub margarine)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- brown sugar, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the inside of an 8-inch square baking dish. Use 9x13-inch pan if doubling.
- Toast walnuts. I used the toaster oven.
- Slice banana into 1/2 inch pieces and arrange in bottom of pan. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cup blueberries on the bananas.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, 1/2 the walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, if desired. If using sugar, add here. If using honey, it will go in the wet ingredients. Cover fruit with the oat mixture.
- Using the same medium bowl, combine honey (if using), milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Pour milk/egg mixture over the fruit and oats, making sure it covers them completely.
- Sprinkle remaining berries and walnuts over the top.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until golden brown and the center is set. Remove from the oven. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. If desired, sprinkle with brown sugar before serving.
- Store in refrigerator. Can be frozen and reheated later.
This is handy to bake in a crock pot. This method works best if started before you go to bed. This way your oatmeal will be finished by morning.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup dried berries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried dates
- 4 cup water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
In a crock pot, combine ingredients and set to low heat. Cover and let cook for 8-9 hours. (I live in high altitude, and between 6-7 hours was sufficient cooking time.) Stir and remove to serving bowls. This method works best if started before you go to bed. This way your oatmeal will be finished by morning.
By fossil1955 in Cortez, CO
Very hearty, healthy recipe! Especially good on cold mornings!
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 6 cups quick oatmeal
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
Mix all ingredients and place in greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Serve hot, with milk.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
By Robin from Washington, IA
June 23, 20140 found this helpful
This a delicious and nutritious breakfast recipe. Check out this video and learn how to make it.