Tips for Glowing Skin

Category Cleansing
box of baking soda on kitchen countertop
Suffering from dull skin and want to make it glow? This guide has tips for acheiving glowing skin.

One should use baking powder on their face for a glow. After that, there is no need to do a facial, this will automatically give you a facial look.

By Suman from New Delhi

Editor's Note: I have never heard this one, has anyone else?

Top Comment

I have been using baking soda as a facial and body scrub since this December. Someone on television said that Queen Latifah used it and she has beautiful skin as she models for Cover Girl cosmetics! I pour a small amount in the palm of my hand and mix it with water while I am in the shower. Rub gently on your face and neck and a little firmer on your arms, hands and chest. Rinse well. You can use it all over and is great before you apply self tanner.

Top Comment

Baking powder acts like a exfoliator, daily light exfoliating then moisturising leaves skin fresh and free of dead skin cells. Make up stays on longer, moisturisers work better.

Top Comment

I have done this! It gives you a glow because it works as an exfoliator for skin! After mixing baking soda with water gently massage it through your face and wash it off after 5 min, then use apple cider vinegar with water and put it on for 10 min and wash it off. You'll see a good result in six days. It'll fade away your dark spots and dead skin.

Top Comment

I have been using baking soda as a scrub for awhile now and it works very well! there are several methods in which you can use it for your face. An exfoliator/mask: 3 parts baking soda 1 part water....you want it to become quite thick like a paste. Apply it to your face leave on until it hardens and wipe it off. DO NOT scrub off as it will aggravate your face!

Or mix it with your daily cleanser in your palm and make a milder scrub...as the first option is very abrasive, and can sting sensitive skin! After either method make sure to add moistener or aloe vera or your skin can become very dry.

Top Comment

I used baking POWDER. People will argue to use SODA, but its the same thing.

It will sting, this is because it's a cleaning agent and its scrubbing out your skin and minimizing your pores.

Just mix water and powder until you get a medium textured paste, plaster your face in it until covered, leave for 10-15 minutes and wash off in warm water, use as often as you want. Softens skin, decreases pore size, and clears skin of pimples and blackheads. :)

xx

Editor's Note: Actually they are different. Baking Soda is bicarbonate of soda. Baking Power contains baking soda, Sodium aluminum sulfate, cornstarch, calcium sulfate, and calcium acid phosphate.

Top Comment

I use baking powder as an exfoliating cleanser for my face. I mix baking powder & salt as a scrub. It works well for me, my complexion is not even and it seems to help balance it out. I also have eczema and it seems to help me keep it under control. I even use it on those that break out on my neck and it keeps in under control. It works for me.

1. Exfoliate your face gently after scrubbing. Use a cleaner and rub it in circular motions and then wash your face.

2. Pour some toner into some cotton batting and rub it gently over your face.

3. Apply a good moisturizer with natural oils, such as rosemary or almond, and a moisturizer with SPF-15 to prevent aging.

4. Make sure that all the products you're using are from the same company.

Here's a glowing face!

The best skin softener that I have found to date is baking soda. When used while bathing, baking soda leaves your skin soft and smooth looking. At about 40 cents a box, I don't think any professional exfoliator can come close to such a bargain!

By Michelle H.

One should use baking soda on their face for a glow. After that, there is no need to do a facial, this will automatically give you a facial look.

By Suman from New Delhi

Answers:

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

I recently heard a beauty tip of using baking soda for "glowing skin." Just mix a bit of baking soda in the palm of your hand with your regular facial cleanser and wash and rinse as usual. It gently sloughs off dead skin and leaves your face feeling very smooth. (03/29/2007)

By Valerie

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

This would work as a facial scrub - it is abrasive. I would advise that if one has very delicate skin (some people do), then go easy. I don't know if the sodium has any effect. It would certainly get any grime off your face, and grime contributes to bacteria which contributes to blemishes. Scrubs should be used only 2-3 x per week. - Mary (03/29/2007)

By mary

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

I have been using baking soda as a facial and body scrub since this December. Someone on television said that Queen Latifah used it and she has beautiful skin as she models for Cover Girl cosmetics! I pour a small amount in the palm of my hand and mix it with water while I am in the shower. Rub gently on your face and neck and a little firmer on your arms, hands and chest. Rinse well. You can use it all over and is great before you apply self tanner. (05/14/2007)

By roxann

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

Baking soda acts like a exfoliate, daily light exfoliating then moisturizing leaves skin fresh and free of dead skin cells. Make up stays on longer, moisturizers work better. (10/09/2007)

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

I have done this! It gives you a glow because it works as an defoliator for skin! After mixing baking soda with water gently massage it through your face and wash it off after 5 min, then use apple cider vinegar with water and put it on for 10 min and wash it off. You'll see a good result in six days. It'll fade away your dark spots and dead skin. (11/19/2007)

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

I have been using baking soda as a scrub for awhile now and it works very well! there are several methods in which you can use it for your face.

An defoliator/mask: 3 parts baking soda 1 part water. You want it to become quite thick like a paste. Apply it to your face leave on until it hardens and wipe it off. Do not scrub off as it will aggravate your face!

Or mix it with your daily cleanser in your palm and make a milder scrub...as the first option is very abrasive, and can sting sensitive skin!

After either method make sure to add moistener or aloe vera or your skin can become very dry. (11/28/2007)

By Sally R.

Baking Soda For Glowing Skin

I use baking soda as an exfoliating cleanser for my face. I mix baking soda and salt as a scrub. It works well for me, my complexion is not even and it seems to help balance it out. I also have eczema and it seems to help me keep it under control. I even use it on those that break out on my neck and it keeps in under control. It works for me. (09/18/2008)

By Jay