Baking in a Can

I see so many great baking ideas using cans. Does anyone know the ratio of mix to the size of the can?

Thank you,
Tedebear from San Jose

Answers:

Baking in a Can

I fill my cans 2/3's with batter, and use a strand of raw pasta to check for doneness. 12 ounce coffee cans are the largest I've used. Line the cans with wax paper so that the grooves won't impede removal. (11/15/2005)

By Doggy

Baking in a Can

I am not to sure on baking in a can. But I do bake cakes in a jar as gifts, It states to fill the jars half full of batter and bake I am sure it would be the same with the cans. Good Luck I hope this helps. (11/16/2005)

By Tina

Baking in a Can

A wide mouth pint jar (16 ounces) takes 1 cup of batter. It will rise right to the top. Soup cans are a little smaller so I would test you batter on one can and see what happens. (11/16/2005)

By Annie

Baking in a Can
Measuring spoon with homemade baking powder.
Homemade Baking Powder Recipes
Baking Ingredients
Substitution for Cream of Tartar When Baking
Substitution for Baking Powder
Substitution for Baking Powder
Baking Soda
Freezing Baking Soda and Baking Powder
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 19, 2016 at 9:32:43 PM on 10.0.0.201 in 934 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.