Delicious, moist chicken with a wonderful sauce for dipping bread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 6-8 chicken thighs
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- oregano to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Wash and dry chicken pieces with a paper towel, so the chicken will brown. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cover the bottom of an ovenproof skillet with olive oil. Fry the chicken until it just starts to brown, skin side down first.
- After you flip it over, add the garlic, and fry the second side until it just starts to brown.
- After you flip it over, add the garlic, and fry the second side until it just starts to brown. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the skin of the chicken with dried oregano.
- Add the balsamic vinegar; drizzling over chicken. You should have about 1/4 inch of vinegar in the pan.
- Cover the pan and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and bake 15-20 minutes more, or until skin crisps up.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!