Pet PagesPets

Bambi (Border Collie/Fox Terrier)

Your Pet's Age
She is only 23 weeks old.

Your Pet's Breed
Border Collie crossed with Fox Terrier

How and when did you get your pet?
I got her on 29 November 2016, four days after having to put my previous dog to sleep. I found her at a pet shop, and even though I would have preferred adopting to shopping, none of the shelters in my area had any puppies, especially not the type of breeds that I liked. Bambi was one of four Border Collie cross pups in the cage. She was the smallest, described as the runt of the litter, and she tried to hide behind the water bowl. She was the only one with a smooth coat. What finally convinced me was when I looked into those beautiful eyes ~ as you can see on the photo, she has one ice blue eye, and the other one is amber.

I named her Bambi ~ not only is she "dear" to my heart, but she looks like a little deer leaping across the grass when she runs. The name Bambi also means "little girl." She definitely is a little girl ~ she loves chewing on my shoes and clothes.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She has a serious amount of energy, so we go for a daily walk, which she loves. She loves chasing the other dogs on the property. Maybe she thinks they are sheep, because she tries to herd them. She also loves burying things all over the garden. Our backyard currently resembles a graveyard for all the fallen dog biscuits that she has buried.