Banana Peels for Roses

For beautiful roses, I emulsify old bananas and peels in my blender with water. I pour this on the base of the rose bush. You will not believe how well this works.

By Laurie from St. Charles, MO

Answers:

Banana Peels for Roses

What a wonderful use for otherwise useless banana peels! I sure am going to try that on my roses which, by the way, have been absolutely gorgeous this year. Have a lovely day and God bless you. (05/09/2009)

By tedsmom

Banana Peels for Roses

I have done this for years and you are right, it works best if you blend them with some water, then you don't have to bother digging a hole. Might be better to move the mulch back a little and then recover the banana peels. (05/20/2010)

By Laniegirl

Banana Peels for Roses

I dry my banana peels and crumble them up and scatter them; sometimes I just throw the peels on the ground in back of the roses. Our local Garden Guy gardens organically and I use a lot of his formulas, such as Epsom salts in water for the magnesium. I just sprinkle a little ES around and water it in, great for blooming plants. (05/20/2010)

By desertgal