Banana Peels for Roses

For beautiful roses, I emulsify old bananas and peels in my blender with water. I pour this on the base of the rose bush. You will not believe how well this works.

By Laurie from St. Charles, MO

Answers:

Banana Peels for Roses

What a wonderful use for otherwise useless banana peels! I sure am going to try that on my roses which, by the way, have been absolutely gorgeous this year. Have a lovely day and God bless you. (05/09/2009)

By tedsmom

Banana Peels for Roses

I have done this for years and you are right, it works best if you blend them with some water, then you don't have to bother digging a hole. Might be better to move the mulch back a little and then recover the banana peels. (05/20/2010)

By Laniegirl

Banana Peels for Roses

I dry my banana peels and crumble them up and scatter them; sometimes I just throw the peels on the ground in back of the roses. Our local Garden Guy gardens organically and I use a lot of his formulas, such as Epsom salts in water for the magnesium. I just sprinkle a little ES around and water it in, great for blooming plants. (05/20/2010)

By desertgal

Close up of a pile of banana peels
Using Banana Peels When Growing Roses
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Banana Peel
Uses for Banana Peels
🎉
🎄