Banana Spice Cookies
We had several over-ripe bananas that needed to get used ASAP, so I tried this recipe out. The cookies are very soft and light, and they taste like banana bread :)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 1/4 cup flour (I used 1 cup white flour and 1 1/4 cup wheat)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat butter or margarine with an electric mixer until soft.
- Add 1 1/4 cup flour, sugar, egg, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and cloves. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining 1 cup flour. Beat in bananas and stir in nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on a rack.
- Frost with a butter frosting if desired.
June 10, 20130 found this helpful
June 19, 20130 found this helpful
Your recipe lists 2-1/4 cups flour total, yet you mention 2-1/4 cups whole wheat and 1 cup white. Is this right?
Editor's Note: It should be 1 1/4 whole wheat flour and 1 cup white for a total of 2 1/4. The recipe has been changed. Thanks for your help with this.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 1, 2016 at 10:39:33 PM on 10.0.1.22 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us