Banana Spice Cookies
We had several over-ripe bananas that needed to get used ASAP, so I tried this recipe out. The cookies are very soft and light, and they taste like banana bread :)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 1/4 cup flour (I used 1 cup white flour and 1 1/4 cup wheat)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat butter or margarine with an electric mixer until soft.
- Add 1 1/4 cup flour, sugar, egg, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and cloves. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining 1 cup flour. Beat in bananas and stir in nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on a rack.
- Frost with a butter frosting if desired.
Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance
June 10, 20130 found this helpful
June 19, 20130 found this helpful
Your recipe lists 2-1/4 cups flour total, yet you mention 2-1/4 cups whole wheat and 1 cup white. Is this right?
Editor's Note: It should be 1 1/4 whole wheat flour and 1 cup white for a total of 2 1/4. The recipe has been changed. Thanks for your help with this.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on August 21, 2016 at 5:54:23 PM on 10.0.0.143 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us