Banquet Table Decoration Ideas

Category Banquet
This is a guide about banquet table decoration ideas. Depending on the theme of your event, there are many creative ways to decorate the dinner tables.

People running at a high school track meet.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Planning an athletic banquet includes the decorations, such as centerpieces and more. It is fun to have your decorations reflect the reason for the event. This is a guide about high school track banquet decorations.

Table set for catered event

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Cheerful bouquet on white table cloth next to place settings.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This special day to honor grandparents is celebrated on the Sunday after Labor Day in the U.S. This guide contains ideas for Grandparents' Day table decorations.

Fireman

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about fireman's banquet decorations. Decorating for a fireman's banquet can be great fun and help make this event honoring these first responders memorable.

Marching Band Centerpiece

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about marching band centerpiece ideas. Part of planning for a school banquet is creating the table centerpieces to reflect the group being honored.

Basketball Awards Banquet

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This guide contains basketball awards banquet decoration ideas. It's fun to find an inexpensive, meaningful decorations for your player's event.

Athletic Banquet

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about athletic banquet centerpiece ideas. One of the considerations when planning an athletic banquet is the table centerpieces.

I love to use "frugal" decorating... I think people appreciate it more too. Here are a few ideas...

We are having a teen banquet, the theme is, "I Want That Mountain."

Any ideas? Especially looking for an idea on centerpieces.

By Kimberly from TX

Best Answer

A mountain is often covered in pine trees and clipping some branches to make a center piece should be easy enough if you hit the woods with some clippers! Maybe do some pine cones and some raffia tufts, bare twigs covered in clear glitter, a few branches with the blue berries would be cool. I would stay away from red ribbon as this says Christmas and not rustic mountain top. The smell of fresh pine filling the room is a bonus! But watch out for the sap! If it is religious, I have seen a copy of a Bible page (of choice) made into a cone shaped container that held a small bouquet of these types of items... nice touch. They made on for each chair at the table, like a nosegay.

Is this a religious based event or inspirational through school?

Our school is having a spaghetti night dinner to raise funds for our 5th grade end of year activities. We will be using red and white check table cloths. I am in charge of the centerpieces and they will be raffled off at the end of the night. We cannot use wine/liquor bottles or candles. Any suggestions?

By calliemom from San Francisco, CA

I have heard of putting shredded paper or crinkly paper in clear soda bottles with a slit on the side of the bottle. Put wrapped chocolates or other items in with the paper & add a bit of wrapping paper to cover the slit.

If you have a budget, the local Dollar Trees have fake food. You can get a loaf of french bread, some grapes and make them into bowls for the center pieces.

Hope that helps.

PBP

We are in the process of planning our end of year banquet for my daughter's high school marching band. The theme has to be related to electricity somehow. I need to make up centerpieces relative to this theme. This is a tough one! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is my daughter's senior year, and we want the banquet to be special for all of the kids.

Thanks so much!
Caroline from Florida

Get a metal pot for a vase and use strong wire, maybe even a old coat hanger and push one end in the base and attach light bulbs, light switches to the end to make a flower type arrangement. Also cut out a lighting bolt on cardboard and cover with aluminum foil and add to arrangement.

Let me know if this help and what you ended up doing.

Good Luck!

Walmart has those globe things pretty cheap.

The one that lok like lightning coming to your hand when you touch them. The kids would love it, and it's interactive. You could draw for them as door prizes at the end of the event.

I need ideas for inexpensive centerpieces for a Boys/Girls Club awards banquet that will allow us to incorporate all club colors: royal blue, white, lime green, orange, pink, and purple! Yikes!

By Marie W

Balloons of course. You can get balloon sticks (you twist the bottom of balloon around the special base and it holds it in place) rather than using helium, arrange in whatever you want as a holder (can ols cut sticks in different lengths.and then buy" curling" gift ribbon in those colors, curl long strands and bunch all the colors and tie to base of of balloons. Can do all this ahead of time if using the sticks.

How about white carnations? You can put the cut stem in water in which cake color has been added and dye them the different colors. Aflorist mght do it for you. Carnations themselves are not too expensive. Or you can make home made flowers using colored tissue paper.

We are planning a fashion show and luncheon at my church at the end of September and I need to know what kind of inexpensive centerpieces we could make for the tables. The title of the fashion show is In Living Color and we are doing a specific color for each scene.

Maureen B.

For my church's Mother daughter banquet they used bushes of BRIGHT silk Gerbra daisies in a pot with bright pink,yellow,orange and lime green tissue around it and tied with a raffia bow.Each table had one of the different colors for the plastic tablecloth. And down the tables,they had the daisies (clipped to a single flower) and stuck in a REAL apple in colors of green and yellow,and a small raffia bow tied on the stem of the flower.It was SO bright and colorful and really not too expensive.I'd say the flowers and supplies came from Walmart. This would be a really IMPRESSIVE way to decorate with color.

I am looking to create centerpieces for a movie themed dance. The tables are 60'' round and have white tablecloths. My budget is near zero, like a few dollars max. Any ideas?

I am looking for helpful ideas for decorating a Cattleman's banquet. Most of the guest will be ranchers and farmers. I am having a hard time trying to come up with ideas for decorations that are not too "cutesy" or childlike. I have a sophisticated affair in mind but I can't think of any decorations that I could use.

Please help!
Alissa from California

For decorations...could you find an old fence? Cut them off, attach them to a new base and bring them to the hall to put into an area, with some straw bales and other farming/ranching items? Maybe a bale rack? Or put that just outside the hall.

One year for a banquet I made decorations out of raffia, cutting it in about 4-6in lenghts. tied a bow around the middle and twisted it to make it look like an old time bale of hay the ones that stand like stacks. then used burlap and made minature gunny sacks with small sand bags inside. I then took a popsicle stick and glued pictures of various events of the ffa and 4h kids together onto the stick. one on each side. Stuck that into the gunny sack and stood them onto the table. I also had pine cones and laid them along the tables with fake fall colored leaves. Then had some votive candles sitting alongside. it was stunning and the kids and adults alike loved looking at all of the pictures.

I am having a bowling banquet and need decoration ideas. Could anyone help?

Thank You,
rplaner from Moore, Oklahoma

Since I am working on a deal with fonts (needed a bones font for the upcoming dog parade), I began thinking of the font you would use to either advertise your event or label "things" at your event and came up with a font called BowlORama at http://www.wantedfonts.com. It's a great site with loads of free fonts. I just downloaded a darling one I needed with bones. Have fun at your party! Mitzi

IF YOU GO TO THE DOLLAR STORE THEY HAVE A SET WITH BOWLING BALL AND PINS! I WOULD GET ACOUPLE SETS AND DISPLAY THEM, AND AS GUESTS WALK IN I WOULD HAVE IT LOOK LIKE A BOWLING ALLEY, STICKERS ON THE FLOOR ECT.

We are a financial service firm and bought a table at our Chamber of Commerce banquet. We need an idea to decorate our table. Any ideas? Please help!

By Kady from TX

How about decorating the table with fake money, beachy items denoting a perfect retirement place, a toy sailboat, anything reminding people that you can help them achieve their retirement goals?

AvaElizabeth, I like your idea! I was going to suggest a money-print tablecloth. Maybe place markers could simply be bowls or other containers filled with fake gold coins. Name cards (in fancy calligraphy on good heavy-grade cardstock) could be propped up on those. I like the palm tree-beach umbrella or maybe miniature golf bags full of clubs thing for centerpieces. Enjoy that banquet! I've never been to a Chamber banquet, but the Goodwill Industries banquet I attended was spectacular!

I need help with ideas for a 5th grade banquet (theme and decorations).

Marsha from Valrico, FL

The school mascot is Lynx and the time of year is May

a catalog that may give you some ideas---go to www.orientaltrading.com----check out their website and ask for a catalog----they have lots of neat ideas for any theme or time of year and the prices don't seem that bad

My high school is having our annual FFA banquet in May and i'm in charge of the decorations. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for centerpieces, table clothes, etc. The colors are blue and gold.

Thanks a bunch!

I helped with ours last year and we made some really neat, easy, and inexpensive decorations. First, we had the ag students help by filling big gallon-sized cans with cement and a sucker rod sticking up in the middle. You can paint the poles if they are rusty like ours were! Then wrap the bottom of the cans with material or paper. We cut up blue and yellow gold plastic tablecloths and tied them around the cans. Poof out the tops to make them look better.

Then take curling ribbon and tie 7 or more blown up yellow gold balloons in a big bundle. Tie with the curling ribbon (be careful not to bust any :)) Then make long streamers out of the curling ribbon, curling the ends. Tie the streamers of curling ribbon up high where they hang out of the balloon bouquets. It is really a neat centerpiece and can be adapted to many different occasions, depending on the colors used. Hope this helps!

I believe that to have a great FFA organization you have to have a terrific banquet to represent all the good qualities that may come upon you in the classroom, town, and state.

Anyone have ideas for neat, inexpensive centerpieces, and other ideas for activities, entertainment, and decors?
Thanks : )

By Towanda

Use old fashioned white nurses caps, perhaps made of heavy white paper, with silk flowers, toy stethoscopes, thermometers etc. of table centers. Maybe a bandaging race or something of that nature, would be a good game.

I am looking for some ideas to help decorate at our annual Mothers of Multiples banquet. We have a very limited budget, and will have just finished hosting a statewide Mothers of Multiples convention where the theme is to "pamper yourself". It would be nice to expand on that or go in a different direction. Thank you so much!

Raynell from MN

My homemade soaps are wonderful. Or you can make your own :) I make lots - not expensive. Contact me if you like and we can talk :)

How about homemade soaps and face mask - I make these myself - they are very reasonable and my garden club loves them :)

I need fun things to do at an end of year, high school orchestra banquet. I am planning dinner at a restaurant; just need ideas to make the dinner fun and memorable. Please help!

not sure how old you are but do you remember "lets make a deal"? at the end of the show the host would ask audience members for odd objects, 3safety pins, 1 postage stamp etc. 5 hair pins, If your guests are sitting at small tables 8/10 people make teams , start asking for items, give them a little time between items then go to the next item, not too much time , the team with the most items win? its fun plus it makes people talk to others

I need an idea to decorate banquet tables. The theme is "Hope on the Horizon". Ideas?

I wanted to share an idea for a piano recital. We gave tribute to the 50's. Each student dressed with full skirt, poodle skirt, hair in pony tails, boys looking like "Fonze" (white tee-shirt, jeans, hair slicked back. We had "45" records with titles from that era I taped to the wall, and the students played rock n roll songs. Before it started, I passed out the bubble gum. The programs were printed by a mom with the rock n roll them. So cute! The kids loved it!