Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Banquet Table Decoration Ideas

This is a guide about banquet table decoration ideas. Depending on the theme of your event, there are many creative ways to decorate the dinner tables.

Fireman

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about fireman's banquet decorations. Decorating for a fireman's banquet can be great fun and help make this event honoring these first responders memorable.

I had to make centerpieces for an athletic banquet. Our school colors are purple and gold. I made 40 centerpieces for less than $200. I bought ornament stands (brass) off eBay in bulk. I found purple star ornaments (with flecks of gold) at a pottery store.

Marching Band Centerpiece

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about marching band centerpiece ideas. Part of planning for a school banquet is creating the table centerpieces to reflect the group being honored.

Basketball Awards Banquet

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This guide contains basketball awards banquet decoration ideas. It's fun to find an inexpensive, meaningful decorations for your player's event.

Athletic Banquet

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about athletic banquet centerpiece ideas. One of the considerations when planning an athletic banquet is the table centerpieces.

I love to use "frugal" decorating... I think people appreciate it more too. Here are a few ideas...

I am looking for fun high school basketball banquet ideas such as decorations and table centerpieces.

By Shelly from Minneapolis, MN

Best Answer

How about paper mache basketballs for your centerpieces. You can even have some wild flowers in them.

January 24, 2011 Flag

We are having a teen banquet, the theme is, "I Want That Mountain."

Any ideas? Especially looking for an idea on centerpieces.

By Kimberly from TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

A mountain is often covered in pine trees and clipping some branches to make a center piece should be easy enough if you hit the woods with some clippers! Maybe do some pine cones and some raffia tufts, bare twigs covered in clear glitter, a few branches with the blue berries would be cool. I would stay away from red ribbon as this says Christmas and not rustic mountain top. The smell of fresh pine filling the room is a bonus! But watch out for the sap! If it is religious, I have seen a copy of a Bible page (of choice) made into a cone shaped container that held a small bouquet of these types of items... nice touch. They made on for each chair at the table, like a nosegay.

January 17, 2011 Flag

Our school is having a spaghetti night dinner to raise funds for our 5th grade end of year activities. We will be using red and white check table cloths. I am in charge of the centerpieces and they will be raffled off at the end of the night. We cannot use wine/liquor bottles or candles. Any suggestions?

By calliemom from San Francisco, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you have a budget, the local Dollar Trees have fake food. You can get a loaf of french bread, some grapes and make them into bowls for the center pieces.

Hope that helps.

PBP

April 16, 2012 Flag

I need centerpiece ideas for an athletic banquet. The sports we're celebrating are basketball, baseball/softball, track, and cheerleading.

By Lisa L.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Make up 3D footballs, basketballs and track items and put them on a skewer and arrange them on the table in a vase or piece of styrofoam in a basket with flowers of your schools colors. for the cheer leaders make up pom poms with yarn and put a skewer through them and add them to the bouquet.

Your teams will love something like this. You can also make say Mike is in Baseball, a baseball with his name on it. Joe is in Football, a football with his name on it and continue through the teams. They'll love the personalization.

January 28, 2005 Flag

We are having our high school football banquet in March 2005 and I would like to get some inexpensive ideas for centerpieces. Please help! Our colors are red, black and white. Thanks!

Vanessa

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here's what I did. You could use any type ball!

March 8, 2006 Flag

We are in the process of planning our end of year banquet for my daughter's high school marching band. The theme has to be related to electricity somehow. I need to make up centerpieces relative to this theme. This is a tough one! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. This is my daughter's senior year, and we want the banquet to be special for all of the kids.

Thanks so much!
Caroline from Florida

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Walmart has those globe things pretty cheap.

The one that lok like lightning coming to your hand when you touch them. The kids would love it, and it's interactive. You could draw for them as door prizes at the end of the event.

January 27, 2013 Flag

I need ideas for inexpensive centerpieces for a Boys/Girls Club awards banquet that will allow us to incorporate all club colors: royal blue, white, lime green, orange, pink, and purple! Yikes!

By Marie W

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Balloons of course. You can get balloon sticks (you twist the bottom of balloon around the special base and it holds it in place) rather than using helium, arrange in whatever you want as a holder (can ols cut sticks in different lengths.and then buy" curling" gift ribbon in those colors, curl long strands and bunch all the colors and tie to base of of balloons. Can do all this ahead of time if using the sticks.

April 6, 2004 Flag

We are planning the year end banquet/band concert for our High School Marching Band. I really need a special centerpiece for each table that the seniors can take home with them. Our budget is limited but I can get enough parent support to make the centerpieces ourselves. I can't seem to find that "special" idea. Please help.

Sandra

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Styrfoam base, with red plastic /fabric roses, old shako and plume (from Band Storage area) we also pinned on a piece of film strip border from (shidigz.com) and at the banquet, used copies of the marching show sheet music on tables. the stand up item is a "faux" candle holder, made of a sheet of white paper, a transparency, ran through ink jet printer, the ink wouldn't stay so dusted on a layer of embossing powder and heated for a thick shiny finish. At night, with an electric votive under, looked wonderful.

May 4, 2014 Flag

I'm responsible for doing the table centerpieces for a high school crew (rowing) team banquet. (The colors are red/white/blue.) Any ideas? I'm stumped at the moment.

By RM

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Could you get paddles (oars), one per table, and use as centerpieces, with vases of red, white and blue flowers (either mixed or one vase of each color at the ends and center of the paddle? If you can't get real ones, perhaps you could make replicas from poster board. If you make replicas, make two per table, cross them and put a vase of the 3 colors of flowers on the center where they cross. Hope this helps.

Any ideas for inexpensive favors for a boys' track banquet? We expect around 30 boys to attend. Also, any ideas for "thank you" gifts for the banquet committee?

By Ellen B. from Germantown, TN

We used old track shoes, from the team (Or you can search the thrift stores.) Filled them with some floral foam and silk flowers. We also used shoes laces as streamers. Antother good idea is to use some of the pix accumulated during the season and make little stand up albums for the table.

August 17, 2004 Flag

We are planning a fashion show and luncheon at my church at the end of September and I need to know what kind of inexpensive centerpieces we could make for the tables. The title of the fashion show is In Living Color and we are doing a specific color for each scene.

Maureen B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am looking to create centerpieces for a movie themed dance. The tables are 60'' round and have white tablecloths. My budget is near zero, like a few dollars max. Any ideas?

October 29, 2005 Flag

I am in charge of planning a JV soccer banquet for both boys and girls. Our colors are black and yellow gold and our mascot is a tiger. We don't have a theme, just basically any soccer decoration ideas are needed. Thank you so much for any help.

Melodee from Alamogordo, NM

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi Melodee, If you can find them cheaply enough, you could cover tables with yellow (or black) table-covers and accessorize with black (or yellow), e.g. place-names or place-mats, as long as the colours contrast you can use whichever combination. For centerpieces you could paint terracotta pots with black stripes for a tiger effect and maybe fill with yellow and black balloons on spikes and buy some cheap polystyrene balls and use felt pens to decorate like small soccer balls and place around the pot. Or you could make temporary place-mats using black or yellow card and painting soccer shirt numbers on them! I hope this helps a little :)

July 22, 2004 Flag

Our church is having a fall festival and we would like to use a sports theme. We make table decorations that can be auctioned at the end of the night. I need ideas for these decorations. Something that someone would want to purchase and use in there home, etc.

Allen from TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I need table decorations for a cross country banquet

February 14, 2002 Flag

I need ideas for a 35th fireman's banquet. There will be about 20 tables to decorate. Help! I would appreciate any ideas. Thank you.

By Debora

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would have a program made at a local printing shop, in the shape of the Maltese Cross, or napkins imprinted with it. It is a very important part of the firefighter that it wouldn't be right to leave it out.

Center pieces have a way of blocking everyone's view. I suggest trying to find more individualized items. Small plastic boots with a single buttoneer, different color flowers for the different ranks. (If formal)

If you can get your hands on some of the pictures taken over the years, have someone create a dvd type slide show, they are very affective. My son made one of pictures taken during his training. The audiance and graduates all enjoyed it.

I like the idea of the silver containers and red and white lights. But keep in mind how the center pieces can be in the way of viewing the stage.

I wish I was near enough to help you out. It sounds like such fun!

Hope this helps,

Tina

July 21, 2009 Flag

I would like some ideas for making centerpieces for a fireman's dinner.

By etcoursen from Harrisville, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I asked my Fire Fighter brother, and his response was, "Please! Nothing fire related!"

I am looking for helpful ideas for decorating a Cattleman's banquet. Most of the guest will be ranchers and farmers. I am having a hard time trying to come up with ideas for decorations that are not too "cutesy" or childlike.

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties BanquetOctober 20, 2014
Fireman
Fireman's Banquet Decorations
Athletic Banquet
Athletic Banquet Centerpiece Ideas
Basketball Awards Banquet
Basketball Awards Banquet Decoration Ideas
Marching Band Centerpiece
Marching Band Centerpiece Ideas
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 2:16:13 AM on 10.0.1.45 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.