Barbecue Ribs Recipes

Category BBQ & Grill
Barbecue Ribs
If you like ribs you may be on the lookout for new recipes to add to your barbecue repertoire. This page contains barbecue ribs recipes.

Cut pork side into ribs. Usually 2 ribs per piece. Place ribs in a pot and cover with cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and allow to cook for approx. 1/2 hour. Drain and place ribs in a long and flat glass dish.

So easy and so good.

Directions:

Mix ketchup, brown sugar, and onion soup mix in a bowl. Pour over your choice of meat. I bake on low heat for couple hours, but you can bake for the same time you normally bake your meat.

Servings: 4
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
2 Hours Cooking Time

Source: this I got out of a book, it is called "Company's Coming" millennium edition

By Lisa from Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

These are so good! Enjoy!

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place ribs in two 10x15 inch roasting pans. Pour water and red wine vinegar into a bowl and stir. Pour diluted vinegar over ribs and cover with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Baste the ribs with their juices halfway through cooking.

In a medium saucepan, mix together ketchup, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, butter, brown sugar, hot pepper sauce, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer barbecue sauce for 1 hour.

Preheat grill for medium heat.

Lightly oil preheated grill. Transfer ribs from the oven to the grill, discarding cooking liquid. Grill over medium heat for 15 minutes, turning ribs once. Baste ribs generously with barbecue sauce, and grill 8 minutes. Turn ribs, baste again with barbecue sauce, and grill 8 minutes.

By Jodi from Aurora, CO

Cut spareribs in serving pieces; dredge in flour. Brown in 2 tablespoons hot fat. When browned, pour off excess fat. Blend mustard and flour to make a paste; add other ingredients and pour mixture over spareribs.

This recipe allows for a quick preparation of a slow cooked classic, perfect for those of us on the go!

Directions:

In the morning, or 4 to 5 hours before meal time, rinse the ribs under cold water. Sprinkle with seasoning and pepper. Roll the rack up jelly roll style and stand upright in your crock pot. Add the liquid smoke to the pot and squeeze the juice of the lemon over the rack. Put on the lid and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.

The ribs will be tender, carefully unroll them and brush liberally with the barbecue sauce and grill over high heat, turning as you wish, till the ribs are cracklin' hot and the sauce is sizzling. Serve.

This is a quick version of this wonderful favorite for those of us that have little time on our hands and do not have the time to slow grill our ribs.

Servings: 4 to more
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
4 to 6 hours (Crockpot), 10 minutes at most (Grill) Cooking Time

Source: This is my own concoction that I came up with by trial and error. It works well for me, and allows me to enjoy a slow grilled favorite, ans still keep up with a busy lifestyle.

By Pat from Springfield, MO

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add rib pieces; shake to coat. In a pressure cooker, brown meat on all sides in oil; drain. Combine the water, ketchup, chili powder and hot pepper sauce; pour over ribs.

My husband loves these! Any fan of barbecue will probably love this recipe!

Broil excess fat off ribs. Pour sauce over ribs. Bake in covered roaster for 2 1/2 hours at 275-300 degrees F.

Heat shortening in Dutch oven. Brown ribs. Combine ingredients. Pour sauce over meat. Cover and simmer 2 hours, turning occasionally. Refrigerate covered. Next day, remove solid fat on the surface.

In a medium saucepan, bring the ketchup, orange marmalade, tomato paste, mustard, WSS, onion, and garlic to a boil over medium-low heat and simmer, partially covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Place ribs in large baking dish. Brown at 450 degrees F for 45-50 minutes; drain. Combine remaining ingredients except lemon slices in bowl, mixing well. Brush ribs with sauce.

Place ribs in shallow pan. Mix remaining ingredients and cook together 30 minutes to thicken. Pour sauce over ribs. Cook covered in oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove ribs and cool enough to skin off fat from sauce.

Place ribs in a large Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring water to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Drain ribs, and arrange in a large shallow dish. Combine apricots and remaining ingredients in container of an electric blender; blend until smooth.

Kris0 found this helpful

These ribs are so simple to prepare. Start them at noon or let them cook all day long for fall-off-the-bone tenderness.

If anyone has a recipe for barbecued spareribs, I would love to have it. If it isn't too much trouble can you tell me all steps involved, as I am not very experienced with chicken or ribs. I usually just cooks burgers and hot dogs. Thanks a lot for any advice and recipes!

P.J. from Delaware

PJ,

I found this to be very easy and the ribs are nice and tender. Put the ribs in the oven on about 400 for 1/2 hr. uncovered. After the 1/2 hour I than cover with foil and bring the temp. down to 250 for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Than you can either do one of the following. I use Sweet Baby Rays Sauce or whatever you prefer pour on and leave uncovered for about 1/2 hr. OR I put them in the fridge for the next day for grilling. Piece of foil on the grill with holes for venting purposes. Pour some sauce on them and let them heat up for about 20 mins or until them seem hot. You are ready and they are nice and tender falling right off the bone. Hope this works for you as well as it does for me. Good Luck.

Barb from PA

My favorite way to do chicken on the grill is to marinate it in Italian salad dressing for a couple of hours (or overnight) before putting on the grill. If I'm doing bone-in, I usually boil the chicken first, then marinate it before grilling. For ribs, I marinate in the following:

2/3 c. salad oil

1/2 c. vinegar

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. parsley (or Italian seasoning)

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 Tbs. minced onion

1 Tbs. lemon juice

This marinade makes the ribs very tender and tasty. Enjoy!

You can also go to foodnetwork.com and get lots of recipes and ideas there. My husband and son use that site a lot. Emeril has a great rub you put on first (set overnight) and then a bbq sauce during smoking/grilling. They are very good. Type in spare ribs and the one for smoked bbq ribs is the one we have tried.

Different parts of the country use different methods for barbecue, but to me the smoke is the thing. I usually use a marinade based on vinegar, mustard, peppers and garlic, with anything else that sounds good at the time. If you don't have time to marinate it just add a can (or more, depending on how much you're making) of beer to the mix and parboil the meat very briefly. Then slow-grill using your choice of flavor wood. I prefer hickory for pork, but sometimes use various combinations of fruitwoods. I avoid mesquite on pork; it's great for beef and okay for chicken but IMO it just doesn't work on pork.

try looking at www.kraftkitchen.com - they have lots of grilling recipes

Here is a link to a Kansas City Style Ribs recipe that is excellent. Enjoy!

http://www.reci  le-barbecue-ribs

Does anyone have a good recipe for "Dry Garlic Spareribs"?

Barbara from B.C.

Here is a link to a good one that Connie posted:

http://www.thri  5096254.tip.html

3 tsp soya sauce 3 tbs vinegar (rice vinegar)

3 tbs garlic powder or salt 6 drops of sesame oil

2 pinches of pepper pinch of salt

3/4 c flour 1/2 c cornstarch

veg oil for cooking

Combine soya sauce and rice vinegar,garlic salt, pepper, sesame into large glass bowl, add ribs toss well marinate over night when ready add cooking oil,2 in deep ,heat in a strong bag add all the flour mixture,toss well fry in batches till brown and crisp. Very good

BREADED DRY SPARERIBS

4-5 lbs. ribs

3/4c soya sauce

3/4c water

4-6 cloves garlic,minced

1/2 tsp. onion salt

1 pkg. shake and bake coating mix

2c. cron flakes, crushed,fine

Combine ribs with soya,water,garlic and onion salt

Marinade at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.

Drain, throw marinade away

Mix shake and bake mix and corn flakes, put in plastic bag and shake the pieces to coat

Bake 400deg. for @ 30-45 min depending on the size of the ribs.

These will melt in your mouth

BREADED DRY SPARERIBS

4-5 lbs. ribs

3/4c soya sauce

3/4c water

4-6 cloves garlic,minced

1/2 tsp. onion salt

1 pkg. shake and bake coating mix

2c. cron flakes, crushed,fine

Drain, throw marinade away

These will melt in your nouth

Thank you so much to you all for the recipes! they all sound really good,I hope to try them all Barbara.

I am looking for recipe for spareribs made with coke. It was great and tasted just like from a Chinese restaurant.

Nicole From Cornwall Ontario

I have used Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Faygo Rock n Rye. I have also used the diet versions of all these and it made no difference. I usually soak my ribs for several hours in a mix of the pop, chopped garlic, salt, freshly ground pepper and whatever else I feel like. Then I grill the ribs. I mix premade BBQ sauce with the marinating liquid (1/4 marinade to 3/4 BBQ sauce) and baste. To serve I boil some of the remaining pop and mix with more BBQ sauce. My husband and I love Emeril's Kicked Up BBQ, Sweet Baby Ray's and Sticky Fingers.

Coca Cola BBQ Sauce

2 cups Coca-Cola

2 cups catsup

2 cups white vinegar

1/2 onion large onion, finely chopped

1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper

3 tablespoons chili powder

3 tablespoons salt

3 tablespoons sugar

Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook slowly for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally. Let cool.

Place the ribs in a glass baking dish and pour Coca Cola BBQ sauce all over, cover, place in fridge and let marinade overnight. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and slow cook in the oven 3 to 4 hours at about 300 or grill over indirect heat.